Salomon Mega Trek 6 LTR

I have had these boots almost 2 years. I find these…

I have had these boots almost 2 years. I find these boots to be very comfortable, breathable, and quite light for a boot. However, I am disappointed with the quality of manufacturing.

The boots are not yet two years old and the stitching is already coming apart along the seams, and the rubber toe piece is separating from the boot. These boots do not get used every day, so I really think they should last longer then 2 years, especially for the cost of them.

I have talked to the store where I purchased the boot from, and there is a possibility that Solomon will replace or repair the boot under warranty. There is a question though if this product is warrantied for 1 or 2 years.

From excursions in the North Cascades to tours of the Korakoram, the Salomon Men's Mega Trek 6 LTR Boot stabilizes your feet and lightens your load on mega rough backpacking trips. This tough backpacking boot gets top marks for support, thanks to a high cut and a rigid insert that controls excessive twisting. Salomon's Ortholite insole provides ample cushioning and breathes like crazy, keeping your feet comfortable on hot summer days. When the trail gets steep, the durable Contragrip outsole digs in and keeps you glued to the dirt. The Mega Trek 6 LTR Boot's light weight means less effort and longer, more enjoyable days on the trail.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

The Salomon Mens Mega Trek 6 LTR Boot stabilizes your feet and lightens your load on mega rough backpacking trips or day hikes.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Salomon Mega Trek 6 LTR

The Mega Trek 6 LTR has been discontinued.

The Salomon Mega Trek 6 LTR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 5, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.