Salomon Mission GTX

I did a lot of research before I made my purchase…

Materials: goretex
Use: day hikes
Break-in Period: none
Weight: light
Price Paid: £75

I did a lot of research before I made my purchase and the GTX seemed to fit the bill.

The boots are probably the most comfortable boots I've owned and very light with it. I also like the lace locking system.

The reason for only three stars is that the first time I used them in the wet (a walking holiday in Snowdonia) they leaked. Whilst I did a lot of trekking on wet boggy ground, there was very little rain during the week. Though my feet were not exactly wet, they were quite damp, whilst my walking companions were completely dry in a three year old pair of Berghaus!

Go Outdoors, where I purchased the boots, agreed to exchange but didn't have any in my size, so I now own a pair of Berghaus Explorer, not yet tested in the wet!

If you've owned or used a Salomon Mission GTX, please share your experience.

Salomon Mission GTX

The Mission GTX has been discontinued.

The Salomon Mission GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 18, 2012 at EMS.