My favorite winter running tights. I have two pair…

Price Paid: Don't remember! $60-70?

Summary

My favorite winter running tights. I have two pair and may purchase another. Love the double layer at the knees and the length!

Pros

• Warm
  • Double layer at knees to help keep knees warm
  • Great length
  • Not too tight

Cons

• Very warm, but would be nice if front of tights had a wind block panel

Several things make these my go-to winter favorites:

1. I LOVE the double layer at the knees. It's surprising how the extra layer really helps to keep those knees warm (especially on a cold day) seems like I'm not as stiff starting out when it's really cold because my knees are already warm. Very smart thinking of Salomon designers.
  2. Thank goodness for the extra length! Nothing worse than having cold ankles and there are so many tights that seem a little short. These may be too long if you have pretty short legs and even on me (5'6) they tend to bunch up a little at the ankles. That doesn't bother me at all, I'd much rather have them too long then too short!

Only thing that could make these even better would be to add a wind block panel to the front of the thighs to keep those quads warm. Not an issue at all unless it's really cold or windy. Worse case scenario is a few times I put a pair of wind type pants on over the tights, if running at 0°F here in Minnesota.