Salomon Momentum II Tight
My favorite winter running tights. I have two pair…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: Don't remember! $60-70?
My favorite winter running tights. I have two pair and may purchase another. Love the double layer at the knees and the length!
- Double layer at knees to help keep knees warm
- Great length
- Not too tight
- Very warm, but would be nice if front of tights had a wind block panel
Several things make these my go-to winter favorites:
- I LOVE the double layer at the knees. It's surprising how the extra layer really helps to keep those knees warm (especially on a cold day) seems like I'm not as stiff starting out when it's really cold because my knees are already warm. Very smart thinking of Salomon designers.
- Thank goodness for the extra length! Nothing worse than having cold ankles and there are so many tights that seem a little short. These may be too long if you have pretty short legs and even on me (5'6) they tend to bunch up a little at the ankles. That doesn't bother me at all, I'd much rather have them too long then too short!
Only thing that could make these even better would be to add a wind block panel to the front of the thighs to keep those quads warm. Not an issue at all unless it's really cold or windy. Worse case scenario is a few times I put a pair of wind type pants on over the tights, if running at 0°F here in Minnesota.
Here's what other sites are saying:
These men's Salomon Momentum 2 tights are great under snow pants during winter sports. Stretch actiTHERM fabric tight for warmth with maximum breathability. Double layer at the knee and shin, with zippered bottom cuff. When you plan on a winter workout, plan on the Salomon Momentum Tight to keep you warm. Color: Black. Concept/Technology: Smart Skin. Features: 1 zipped pocket, Waist adjustment, Zipped leg opening. Fabrics: actiLITE stretch woven, actiTHERM stretch poly knit. Fit: Skin Fit. Weight: 260 g. Insert: PES 88%, EL 12%. Bottom: PA 82%, EL 18%
- Tahoe Mountain Sports refers to the men's version
Athletes in motion tend to stay in motion, especially if you're dressed in the swift softness of the Salomon Momentum II tights. Stretch-knit polyester and elastane fabric wicks moisture and dries quickly; its soft, fleecy interior will keep up your spirits on cool-weather runs. 2 layers of fabric in knees and shins enhances warmth, and fabric protects skin from harmful UV light with a UPF rating of 50+. Waistband ensures a comfortable fit with an adjustable drawcord. Zippered ankles with fleeced gusset ease dressing. Zippered rear pocket stores energy food, debit card or key. The Salomon Momentum II tights feature a slim fit.
- REI refers to the men's version
The Salomon Momentum II Running Tight is made from a simple, stretch actiTHERM fabric, tight for warmth with maximum breatheability. Double layer in the knee and shin, with zippered bottom cuff. This tight is ideal for highly active sports in cold weather. Smart Skin : Applies the right technical material in the right places for optimal performanceactiLITE Stretch Woven : Wicks moisture away from the body and dries quickly. ActiTHERM Stretch Poly Knit: Body comfort fleece insulation with appropriate weight for each design purpose. Zipped leg opening for ease of going from the door to the trail and back again Waist adjustment for a secure comfortable fitZipped pocket to keep your belongings in your pocket, and off the trailSkin Fit : Next to skin feel. Can be worn alone or as an under layer on chilly days
- Campmor refers to the men's version
The Salomon Men's Momemtum II Tights are a simple, stretch actiTHERM(TM) fabric tight that offers warmth with maximum breathability. Double layer in the knee and shin, with zippered bottom cuff For highly active sports in cold weather.
- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version