Salomon Park Hydro Handset

I use this handset for trail runs. It does take some…

Summary

I use this handset for trail runs. It does take some time to adjust the fit and grip, but works well after that. I've been using it for about 3 months with no visible wear. Overall, I'm very happy with the product.

Pros

• Good water flow

Cons

• Awkward to handle when water is low

I use this handset for trail runs/hikes. It allows for adjustment for the length of the hand and width of the wrist. It does take some time to adjust the fit and grip, but works well after that.

I can see where people with small hands may feel as if the bottle is unbalanced. (I'm female/5'7")

I've been using it for about 3 months with no visible wear. I've hand-washed the cover successfully. I don't know how the mesh would do in a washing machine. The bottle and tip are easy to clean. I haven't used this with any kind of tab but I don't see that being a problem.

The unexpected benefit of this handset was the feeling of cool water against my wrist on a hot day. Overall, I'm very happy with the product.

Welcome to Trailspace, Kate! Thanks for sharing your Hydro review. I've got several other handheld bottles for running. I'm curious: how soft is the bottle? Do you find it more comfortable to carry than regular plastic bottles (like an Ultimate Direction)?

Kate Wassel

The bottle is essentially a bladder. When its empty, you could fold it up and place it in a waist pack or even your waistband in a pinch. I do find it to be more comfortable than traditional handsets or bottles. You do have to get used to the feeling of the water moving against your wrist. I found that happened pretty quickly though.

1 year ago

Thanks for the explanation, Kate. I'll have to check this out.

Salomon Park Hydro Handset

currently retails for:

The Salomon Park Hydro Handset is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 22, 2016 at REI.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.

ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2 Review