Salomon Revo GCS GTX

I bought this boot at a close-out price based solely…

Materials: Gore-Tex and rubber
Use: Backpack, rough off trail, daily wear.
Break-in Period: Abouta twenty seconds
Weight: Specs say under 2 pounds, feels about right.

I bought this boot at a close-out price based solely on other reviews and my experience with Salomon gear. My foot specs are size 10, average volume, somewhat narrow heel, moderate arch, and I like an average to wide toe box in all my footwear. Why cramp your toes, eh?

My first impression was that the ankle support was too high, but after walking in them for 10 minutes, the material molded to my ankle and I don't notice it anymore. Second impression was how comfortable the entire boot is.

I first tested these boots on my job in retail--walking four to six miles a day on concrete floors, a real test for footwear. Before these boots, the first thing I'd do after work is take off my shoes and put me feet on an electric foot massager. Now, I usually forget to take the boots off after work, they're that comfortable.

For backpacking, and hiking off trail, they are excellent on my feet. The articulated heel creates a nice rolling effect in addition to being very cushy with good support. That's a great combination. Gore-Tex does it's usual fine job of keeping my feet warm and dry when Oregon skies cut loose. Got stuck in a marsh just below the ankles and there were no leaks, not even at the tongue.

There are no seams anywhere; the inside is very smooth. The Ortholite footbed hasn't much arch support, but for my moderate arch, it's not a problem. I've not yet seen a pack boot with great arch support, but the after market takes care of that.

I do have a somewhat narrow heel and the heel pockets feel a bit wide without thick socks, but that's my individual fit, and like I said, the after market has solutions if I need them.

The only slight negative I can find is the laces. Like nearly every boot I've ever worn, nylon laces always seem to slip apart, even with a double bow. I'll be looking for laces with more friction to replace these.

Also, the lace hook at the ankle bone puts too much pressure on there when laced tight, interestingly enough only at work, but not during backpacking.

All in all, this is a fine value, even at full price. Durability remains to be tested, but this model Salomon is so very comfortable and supportive. I'd buy another pair if they lasted only a year.

Buy this boot if it fits your foot and you will be a happy camper. With all its good qualities, it's still made in China. Too bad, but I guess we can't get away from that these days.

This review is for the high top (GCS model). My first…

Materials: fabric, "gore-tex"
Use: Day/weekend hikes
Break-in Period: Very brief
Weight: 10 ounces lighter than Montrail Torre GTX

This review is for the high top (GCS model). My first impression -- very nice! Lightweight, waterproof, comfortable. I haven't put it through a grueling backpacking trip, but believe it will hold up just fine. The weight factor speaks for itself -- impressive. I like the looks, unusual. Never thought I'd purchase a non-leather boot. Nice padding on the high top doesn't feel restrictive and does feel secure. I had to go to a size 13 (normal size is a 12) to fit properly, but no problem. Recommended.

Get there fast and stay dry in the Revo GCS GTX trekking boot from Salomon.

- Mountain Gear

The Salomon Revo (short for revolution) lives up to its name with a chassis-control system that adapts to uneven ground, so your foot doesn't have to. This hiking boot is ideal for aggressive day hikes in rock country. Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex lining for ultimate comfort. High ankle design offers greater support than most synthetic hiking boots. Nonmarking Contagrip; outsole features deep lugs and braking lugs that maximize traction in wet conditions. Ortholite footbed provides moisture management, odor resistance, and great cushioning. Die-cut EVA and polyurethane midsole. Protective TPU toe cap. Vegan (no animal-based materials).

- EMS

Free Shipping. Salomon Men's Revo GCS GTX (Spring 2008) The Revo GCS GTX by Salomon lets you go trekking with the Ground Control System, an active cushioning system that adapts to the ground, so your foot doesn t have to. Specifications for the Salomon Revo GCS GTX:Weight1 lb 4.5 oz (SIZE US 7 Ws) 1 lb 9 oz (SIZE US 9 Ms) UpperFeather construction Seamless Technology Textile Gusseted tongue Autofit foam 3D Fit Padding Optimized fit for Women Protective TPU toe cap Mud guard Liningmembrane: Gore-Tex lining construction: Full bootie construction Sole Constructionoutsole: Mountain Contagrip chassis: Ground Control System midsole: Die cut EVA & PU midsole/outsole sockliner: OrthoLite

Shoulder a heavy load and hike farther in the lightweight Salomon Revo GCS GTX Men's Hiking Boot. These boots utilize the Ground Control System to give you unparalleled support and stability over the most rugged terrain. GCS minimizes strain and injuries by adapting to uneven ground laterally and vertically so your foot doesn't have to. Together with 3D fit padding and Ortholite insoles, this system gives you exceptional support and comfort to help you go the distance. A TPU toe cap protects your feet and the Seamless upper cuts down on weight to help you conserve energy. If conditions turn sour, Gore-Tex keeps your feet dry while the Mountain Contagrip outsole ensures bomber traction. The Revo GCS GTX is Salomon's most burly boot designed for the most demanding hiker.

Description of Salomon Revo GCS GTX Hiking BootsGo trekking with the Ground Control System, an active cushioning system that adapts to the ground, so your foot doesn't have to. The Salomon Revo GCS GTX Hiking Boots provide exceptional support and durability even when you are carrying heavy loads. Gore-Tex keeps your feet dry and the Revo GCS provides superior traction. The Salomon Revo GCS GTX was designed with the demanding hiker in mind.Features:Lining constructionFull bootie construction Gore-Tex® Gusseted tongue Feather constructionSeamless technologyTextile upper material High top boot cut3D fit paddingAutofit foam Protective TPU toe cup Mud guard Mountain Contagrip® outsoleGround control chassis systemDie cut EVA & PU midsole/ outsole Ortholite® sockliner

- US Outdoor Store

Salomon Men's Revo GCS GTX

The Men's Revo GCS GTX has been discontinued.

The Salomon Men's Revo GCS GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.