Salomon SM Lite

I had used Salomon hiking boots for 3-4 years and…

Materials: Leather and synthetic
Use: Mountaineering
Break-in Period: 1 day
Weight: 850 grams
Price Paid: $280 CDN

I had used Salomon hiking boots for 3-4 years and was extremely satisfied with the fit. I had always been prone to blisters and even after almost 200 miles of hiking and backpacking in one summer, I didn't even experience a hot spot.

The Salomon SM Lite (women's) mountaineering boots have been just as comfortable. After a couple of grueling days on very steep terrain, I have no complaints. I'm heading off for an 8-day mountaineering trip and I feel confident that these boots will do the job.

The Salomon SM Lite is a versatile boot great for extended trekking in rugged mountainous terrain and glacier hiking. Semi automatic crampon compatible, the SM Lite will take you from trail head to camp, through the approach, and on to the glacier. A quick one pull lacing system only adds to this convenience. Salomon's Contagrip2 sole wears better and is stickier than any out there. This is a great value for the technical features you get. Among Salomon's Mountain Series boots, the SM Lite is the most economical but with virtually all the same features.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Salomon SM Lite

The SM Lite has been discontinued.

The Salomon SM Lite is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 1, 2009 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.