Salomon Speedcross 3 GTX

This is my new favorite trail running/light hiking…

Summary

This is my new favorite trail running/light hiking shoe. It is extremely lightweight, has perfect flex in the sole, and provides plenty of support. The Gore-tex makes them that much better. My only gripe is that the traction does not seem like it will last very long.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• Lugs wear down fast

The shoe fits great. The lacing system makes it easy to adjust to your foot.  I haven't met many people that can't fit into Salomon shoes unless they have very wide or very narrow feet.

The shoes were comfortable right off the shelf. Seriously, I tried them on just for fun but had to have them after realizing how well they fit.

There is plenty of support in this shoe to allow it to work as a lightweight hiker/backpacker, even though it's meant for running (where it really excels).

The Gore-tex is fully waterproof. I've walked straight through a few inches of water in these and they stay DRY!!!

I don't love running. When I do go running it's on trails. I do love hiking. So, I wanted a shoe that I could trail run in, but also hike in. This shoe fit the bill. It is seriously my new favorite shoe.

Thanks for the review, Josh. I've read other reviews complaining on this type of lacing system (can't tighten evenly/comes loose). What are your thoughts on this shoe's lacing?