Salomon Techamphibian 2

These shoes do look cool, they are lightweight, etc.,…

These shoes do look cool, they are lightweight, etc., and when I tried them on for the first time, they were comfortable enough. Not great, but I thought that would improve after some wearing.

What is really no good at all, and that's why these shoes have become unwearable for me and why I rate this a one-star shoe is this: The front laces loosen after a short while, so I have to adjust them every 10 minutes or so of walking. What's even worse is the heel strap which loosens after about 10-20 steps. So while walking, I keep pulling those straps. Driving me crazy.

If you have a look at how those straps are supposed to work, it's clear that they *cannot* remain fixed unless there is a constant force pulling on them. Which is apparently not the case with my feet and my style of walking.

I'm surprised that only a few others reported on this issue. Maybe everybody else has feet that fit better into this shoe. For me, it's — unfortunately — the worst shoe I ever had.

A detail: I bought these in Germany, hence the high price. Also, these were not made in China, as others reported on their shoes, but Vietnam (or other, can't find it anymore, but definitely not China). So it's probably a different, more recent version of this shoe than the one reviewed by others.

Salomon Men's Techamphibian 2

The Men's Techamphibian 2 has been discontinued.

The Salomon Men's Techamphibian 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new water shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.