Salomon Toundra Mid WP

Best winter rambling boots, period. I have had these…

Best winter rambling boots, period. I have had these for 3 months. Snowshoeing in the White Mts of NH, rambles in Maine, sub 0 temperatures on an organic farm in upstate NY, and a few midnight excursions into the wilderness cover a few of the activities I have used these boots for.

A pair of wool socks underneath keep feet quite warm (not overheating). Best pair of winter ramble boots around.

Only criticism I have is that fact that some time and ideas need to go to the lacing system. If you spend hours immersed in nature, these are the boots for you. Except no substitute.

And Salomon, if you need any one to test gear, sign me up. Be well!
kk

Get this boot. No seriously, that is the review. Get…

Materials: synthetics
Use: Keeping my feet from falling off when it's -55celsius out
Break-in Period: none
Weight: lighter than you'd believe
Price Paid: Pro-Deal

Get this boot.

No seriously, that is the review. Get them.

What? You want to know why? Ok...

-They are light. For how tall and warm these boots are, they are surprisingly light.

-Ease of entry. Laces are easy and quick to do up for such a tall boot, and the boot really helps you when you are pulling them on or off.

-Warm! I haven't tried it yet. But I could probably stand in a snowbank all day with these on, and my feet definitely will not be cold. Plus, even when I was running hard, trying to test these boots, I did not feel like my feet were sweating too much.

-Functional. Windproof, snowproof, waterproof, great traction on snow and ice. If you're buying this boot, you probably need it.

So again, go buy them. Your feet will thank you if they spend anytime outdoors in the snow and cold.

Oh one thing tho, these boots feel great with a roomier fit. I usually wear a size 9 in boots, but I got these in a size 10 and they fit amazingly well.