I just picked the XA Comp 2's up at my local REI based…

Materials: Man-made uppers, EVA and dual-density EVA midsoles
Use: Trail running, light hiking
Break-in Period: Non-existent
Weight: 195 lbs.

I just picked the XA Comp 2's up at my local REI based on some rev's and personal poll's I'd taken w/fellow trail runners. 'Til now I've been a loyal NB guy preferring whatever the latest ver. of the 900 series is out. I put 12-15 mi. of sandy, rocky So.Cal trails/ week on my shoes so I tend to go thru a pair in six mo's.

My first impression of these shoes is COMFY! and I love the unique lacing system tho I fear the flopping of the slack lacing might be an annoyance during a run. I have not yet run these dogs but intend to very shortly. I beat up trail shoes so if these can stand-up, Salomon will have a convert! More to follow soon ...

Salomon XA Comp 2

The XA Comp 2 has been discontinued.

The Salomon XA Comp 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 20, 2014 at EMS.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review