Lightweight and fast, with a high level of security…

Materials: synthetic
Use: trail to rough trail runs
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 28 oz. pair (size 13)
Price Paid: $20 at Marshall's

Lightweight and fast, with a high level of security in the fit. Salomon's asymmetrical lacing system is the best I've ever had. There are no pressure points when lashed up tight...just a comfortable, customized, supportive fit. The stash pocket for the lacing is too easy! So smart. Lots of toe protection, and even though the toebox is expansive, the shoe stays put on your feet.

Cushioning is excellent. With all of that room in the toebox and the torsional stability, I can descend a tough trail faster in these shoes than any others I've owned. I have only been on two long runs in these so far, but I can't wait to do more. Far exceeded my expectations. The XA's breathe well too, a key feature here in hot SoCal. I called two other stores to see if they had any more of these babies.