Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX

These are excellent trail running shoes. I can take…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

These are excellent trail running shoes. I can take sandy switchbacks without concern and they grip those slabby exposed and angled rocks you'll find on trails with the greatest of ease.

Pros

• Grippy
  • Sturdy
  • Stable

I wear these shoes trail running in the mountains of Colorado. The trails I spend most of my time on are rolling singletrack and hills with roots, rocks, sand, and other obstacles. Because I live in a semi-arid climate, I don't get to splash in puddles or get all muddy very often. Ah well. I got the shoes at a discount through my work (a general sporting goods company). Having tried them and loved them, I would pay full price if I had to.

I did not have a significant break-in period with these shoes. They hit my ankle slightly higher than all of the other shoes I wear, so there was mild rubbing which was mitigated by wearing ankle socks instead of no-show socks. The rubbing subsided after maybe two runs. This model is for overpronators (that's me!). I find that they provide good support for my mild overpronation.

Although GoreTex is a magical material, it's not something I would just slip on in 90 degree heat. It is not significant (to me), but my feet get warm in these shoes if it is warmer than 85. That would be my only note about the shoes, which is less the shoes and more the weather. I don't get hot feet on cool mornings and will have happy, warm feet in the winter.

I am a particular fan of the fastening system. It is a kevlar cord with a slider that holds tight until you hit a button and loosen the lacing. The tongue even has a shnazzy pocket for stashing the excess cord so you don't catch it on a rock and face-plant (it's kevlar, so it's not going to break).

The shoes are well-made. There is a lot of granite where I run which is super rough rock that does a number on a great many fabric items (let me show you my holey wardrobe from bouldering). Unlike my other trail shoes, these don't have any significant snagging or abrasions.

I have also worn them scrambling and they performed well. I was able to do some edging work while the people I was with (in hiking shoes and road running shoes) couldn't keep up. The shoes would be good approach shoes for climbing with the easy on/off kevlar strap instead of laces. The GoreTex is an added bonus for the winter. It keeps my feet dry and warmer (fantastic in the winter, maybe not fantastic in the summer).

The best shoes! I have been wearing these shoes for…

Price Paid: 110 euros

The best shoes! I have been wearing these shoes for the last 5 years and am on my 3rd(?) pair. My previous versions didn't have Goretex -- this time I upgraded to the waterproof version.

There is no break in period. I wear them for everything- from around town or on the trail. Fit is perfect and I love the lacing system. They are light and have a great tread, working well when it is wet or with snow. With the Goretex, they are also good for winter usage.

I can't suggest any improvements to the shoes...

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX. Read all reviews »

On Sale. Free Shipping. Salomon Women's XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX Shoe FEATURES of the Women's XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX Shoe by Salomon Mud guard Sensifit Protective rubber toe cap Asymmetrical lacing Quicklace Optimized fit for Women Rubber Belt Quick drying breathable mesh SPECIFICATIONS: Lining membrane: GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Footwear lining material: Textile Sole Construction midsole: Triple density EVA, Pronation Control Outsole: Non marking Running Contagrip Sockliner: EVA shaped footbed, Molded EVA, OrthoLite Chassis: 3D advanced chassis Weight: 353 g / 12.5 oz

The world s best trail running shoe just keeps getting better with improved cushioning to take you from track to trail to bushwacking with unparalleled stability, any season and any time. These shoes are just begging to be blazing up trails and flying with unparalled response to your feet. The Gore-Tex maintains maximum moisture control inside and outside.XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX Features:Material: [Upper] mesh, nylon; [Insert] Gore-Tex XCRLining: PolyesterSole: Contagrip rubberLacing: Kevlar QuickfitWeight: [Pair, size 7] 1lb 11oz (760g)Use: Trail running, adventure racing, just feel like running (Forrest Gump)

- Mountain Hideaway

Description of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX Shoes - WomensThe Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX womens trail running shoes provide outstanding comfort, stability, and control beyond the trail head. Get into the thick of it with a GORE-TEX Extended Comfort membrane and Contagrip outsole. A low profile provides great agility and a 3D advanced chassis system and pronation control midsole offers superior control in challenging terrains. Explore new running realms in the Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX womens shoes. The ultimate trail running shoe just keeps getting better with improved cushioning, easily transitioning from the track to the trail with unparalleled stability, any season and any time.FeaturesHeight lowChassis 3D advanced chassisFit management sensifit, optimized fit for womenMidsole pronation controlOutsole running contragripWeight 353

- US Outdoor Store

Not only will you keep up with the group but you can really lead the pack with Salomon s trail running shoes for women. These shoes will take you wherever you need to go and as fast as you need to go with enough cushion to keep you trekking all day.Features:Weight: 12.5 oz (size 7)Quick drying breathable meshGusseted tongueLace PocketSensifit Optimized fit for WomenProtective rubber toe capOutsole: Running ContragripChassis: 3D Advanced chassis Sockliner: OrthoLiteCloseout

- Second Ascent

The ultimate mountain running shoe just keeps getting better with a new energy cell midsole material for improved cushioning GORETEX version

- Bentgate.com