My first thought when I picked up these shoes in the…

My first thought when I picked up these shoes in the store was "no way, they can not be this light." I am still pleased by how light they feel on my feet, while still providing excellent protection from rocks and the like on trails.

• They look sexy
  • Very comfortable
  • Gives good support

• The zip cord is hard to get the hang of
  • The mesh on the front gets twigs stuck to it at times

While at first I was deterred by the lacing system for the shoes, my friend reassured me that they really aren't as strange as they seem at first. I was worried that they would cinch in strange places, but it feels well all around my foot.

I took my shoes out on the trail the day after I bought them, and I was very pleased with them. Hardly any breaking in was needed. I found that some of the fabric on the front of the shoe attracts little twigs to stick to it, so that is a little annoying.

I am really happy with how they look on my feet. While I look for something that fits well and performs well, it is nice to have products that let you look cool while wearing them as well!

I have owned this pair of shoes for about five months now, and I still wear them all the time. They are also a good conversation starter with people, and you might even convince some people to go trail running with you!

Salomon XR Mission CS

The Salomon XR Mission CS is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 8, 2016 at REI.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review