Salomon XR Mission CS

My first thought when I picked up these shoes in the…

Summary

My first thought when I picked up these shoes in the store was "no way, they can not be this light." I am still pleased by how light they feel on my feet, while still providing excellent protection from rocks and the like on trails.

Pros

• They look sexy
  • Very comfortable
  • Gives good support

Cons

• The zip cord is hard to get the hang of
  • The mesh on the front gets twigs stuck to it at times

While at first I was deterred by the lacing system for the shoes, my friend reassured me that they really aren't as strange as they seem at first. I was worried that they would cinch in strange places, but it feels well all around my foot.

I took my shoes out on the trail the day after I bought them, and I was very pleased with them. Hardly any breaking in was needed. I found that some of the fabric on the front of the shoe attracts little twigs to stick to it, so that is a little annoying.

I am really happy with how they look on my feet. While I look for something that fits well and performs well, it is nice to have products that let you look cool while wearing them as well!

I have owned this pair of shoes for about five months now, and I still wear them all the time. They are also a good conversation starter with people, and you might even convince some people to go trail running with you!