Salomon XT Wings

I Love these. I have been wearing the different versions…

Price Paid: $60-120

I Love these. I have been wearing the different versions of this for years and years. I HATE tying shoelaces so the quick lace system is amazing. It keeps me from rubbing the heal out like I do anything else.

They wear out in about a year but that is after daily use and pretty serious abuse. I have taken these up mountains and backpacking trips never had big issues with traction or support.

I feel the heel is kinda tall and the overall quality of the sole is annoying. I would prefer a simpler tread and one that was Vibram. You can't have everything I guess.

These are sturdy light weight runners/hikers and with the quick lace feature I just can't be bothered to buy anything else.

These were my first pair of Salomons, and I absolutely…

Price Paid: $60 US

These were my first pair of Salomons, and I absolutely love them. I got them for a steal off SteepandCheap.

When I first put them on, I could tell they were fantastic. Didn't take long to break them in, either. They're amazingly comfortable, supportive, and I can wear them all day. Light, breathable, everything you want in a shoe.

My favorite part is the pull string instead of laces. It's always a perfect fit, easy to tighten/loosen, and you can tuck away the string.

8 months later after being worn multiple times per week, they are still in excellent condition and my favorite shoes.

I would highly recommend them, and Salomon is now my go-to brand for trail shoes.

Previous owner and lover of Salomon's XA Pro shoe,…

Materials: non-gortex
Use: multi day trail races, adventure racing
Break-in Period: none

Previous owner and lover of Salomon's XA Pro shoe, decided to try out the Wings.

First impression is good- solid shoe with support, kind of felt like a road shoe in terms of cushion. Traction is great, something Salomon is well known for. Slightly heavy but not a deal breaker. Didn't need any breaking in and after an 8 mile trail run had no blisters or hot spots.

Love Salomon's quick lacing system. I have had four pairs of the XA Pros and after over a year of use I have never had a lace break on me- and yes they are seriously abused through rough terrains and many stream crossings.

Do not like GTX variety: it does a great job keeping water out but once it does get in (i.e. stream crossing) they hold the water in and end up with soggy feet and heavy shoes. The non-GTX gets wet and as you run squeezes out the water through its mesh walls. Do not recommend the GTX.

Take flight with the XT Wings, a trail running shoe from Salomon with a perfect combination of cushioning and agility to get you from the asphalt to the trail. Provides runners with more speed and power without increasing energy expenditure.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Fly down trails with the XT Wings trail running shoes from Salomon. They support your feet at every footfall with the pronation-controlling EVA midsole and Agile Chassis Skeleton while they stay odor-free with antimicrobial Ortholite sockliners.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

Runner's World Best Debut Award, April 2008! By removing the waterproof bootie and membrane construction, the new Salomon XT Wings Running Shoes for men is lighter, so you can fly farther, faster, stronger. As you bolt out the door for your favorite terra trail run, you'll be flowing effortlessly with unparalleled speed and agility across the varied terrain. The gusseted tongue with asymmetrical Quicklace(TM) System and all around Sensifit(TM) hugs the foot precisely as you come down off the mountain. A responsive triple-density EVA cushioned midsole is wrapped in a rubber belt and mud guard for dry protection, while the Agile Chassis Skeleton ensures smooth heel-to-toe transitions and side-to-side stability. Bounding downhill as you skip over the occasional log or boulder, the Contagrip(R) outsole maximizes speed by collecting your heel strike energy and transferring it back during push-off. A breathable Ortholite(R) insole with an anti-bacterial treatment keeps your foot cool and comfortable during the long haul.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Salomon XT Wings trail running shoes allow you to enjoy your trail running flight with great pronation control and extremely breathable synthetic leather and mesh upper. Quick-lace system with Sensifit design for a fast, secure fit every time Rubber toe cap and mud guard for an extra layer of security around the shoe base OrthoLite(R) insole wicks away moisture and helps reduce foot odor Triple-density pronation control midsole ContaGrip(R) multi-directional outsole for smooth transitions over mixed terrain Weight: 1 lb 10 oz. pr. Medium width Made in China. Runs small, order 1_2 size larger. Visit our Running Shoe Guide Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: BRIGHT RED/BRIGHT RED, BLACK/ALUMINUM, GRASS/AUTOBAHN, BLACK/BLACK/BRIGHT RED, PEWTER/BLACK, XGAMES/AUTOBAHN, ALUMINUM/BLACK. Sizes: 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 14.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Salomon Xt Wings Trail Runner - Take flight with our Xt Wings Trail Runner shoe that flies effortlessly on all terrain with unparalleled. Outstanding traction and comfort for competitive and recreational adventure runner.Quicklace Kevlar Lacing System, SensiFit system, Contragrip rubber outsoles.Ideal for Trail Running, Adventure Racing, Hiking, Lightweight Backpacking and Adventure Travel

- Massey's Outfitters refers to the men's version

Salomon XT Wings

The XT Wings has been discontinued.

The Salomon XT Wings is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 26, 2014 at Sierra Trading Post.