I Love these. I have been wearing the different versions…

Price Paid: $60-120

I Love these. I have been wearing the different versions of this for years and years. I HATE tying shoelaces so the quick lace system is amazing. It keeps me from rubbing the heal out like I do anything else.

They wear out in about a year but that is after daily use and pretty serious abuse. I have taken these up mountains and backpacking trips never had big issues with traction or support.

I feel the heel is kinda tall and the overall quality of the sole is annoying. I would prefer a simpler tread and one that was Vibram. You can't have everything I guess.

These are sturdy light weight runners/hikers and with the quick lace feature I just can't be bothered to buy anything else.

Previous owner and lover of Salomon's XA Pro shoe,…

Materials: non-gortex
Use: multi day trail races, adventure racing
Break-in Period: none

Previous owner and lover of Salomon's XA Pro shoe, decided to try out the Wings.

First impression is good- solid shoe with support, kind of felt like a road shoe in terms of cushion. Traction is great, something Salomon is well known for. Slightly heavy but not a deal breaker. Didn't need any breaking in and after an 8 mile trail run had no blisters or hot spots.

Love Salomon's quick lacing system. I have had four pairs of the XA Pros and after over a year of use I have never had a lace break on me- and yes they are seriously abused through rough terrains and many stream crossings.

Do not like GTX variety: it does a great job keeping water out but once it does get in (i.e. stream crossing) they hold the water in and end up with soggy feet and heavy shoes. The non-GTX gets wet and as you run squeezes out the water through its mesh walls. Do not recommend the GTX.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All XT Wings versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the XT Wings. Read all reviews »