Salomon XT Wings

I Love these. I have been wearing the different versions…

Price Paid: $60-120

I Love these. I have been wearing the different versions of this for years and years. I HATE tying shoelaces so the quick lace system is amazing. It keeps me from rubbing the heal out like I do anything else.

They wear out in about a year but that is after daily use and pretty serious abuse. I have taken these up mountains and backpacking trips never had big issues with traction or support.

I feel the heel is kinda tall and the overall quality of the sole is annoying. I would prefer a simpler tread and one that was Vibram. You can't have everything I guess.

These are sturdy light weight runners/hikers and with the quick lace feature I just can't be bothered to buy anything else.

Previous owner and lover of Salomon's XA Pro shoe,…

Materials: non-gortex
Use: multi day trail races, adventure racing
Break-in Period: none

Previous owner and lover of Salomon's XA Pro shoe, decided to try out the Wings.

First impression is good- solid shoe with support, kind of felt like a road shoe in terms of cushion. Traction is great, something Salomon is well known for. Slightly heavy but not a deal breaker. Didn't need any breaking in and after an 8 mile trail run had no blisters or hot spots.

Love Salomon's quick lacing system. I have had four pairs of the XA Pros and after over a year of use I have never had a lace break on me- and yes they are seriously abused through rough terrains and many stream crossings.

Do not like GTX variety: it does a great job keeping water out but once it does get in (i.e. stream crossing) they hold the water in and end up with soggy feet and heavy shoes. The non-GTX gets wet and as you run squeezes out the water through its mesh walls. Do not recommend the GTX.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All XT Wings versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the XT Wings. Read all reviews »

Salomon Men's XT Wings

The Men's XT Wings has been discontinued.

The Salomon Men's XT Wings is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 4, 2013 at EMS.