Saucony Kinvara TR

Everything you want with barefoot running and none…

Summary

Everything you want with barefoot running and none of the stuff you don't.

Pros

• Crazy accuracy
  • Super lightweight
  • Breathtakingly breathable

Cons

• Oh my eyes! the Fluro is burning my eyes!
  • Bizarre sizing
  • It's a trail shoe- not a gym shoe.

If this shoe was a weapon, it would be a sniper rifle. It's just that sharp. There are no margins here, which makes it an awesome trail shoe in varying surfaces; you want your foot to go over there — it goes there, BAM! It doesn't slip about a little in the shoe, it doesn't give a damn if you wanted a little give.

It's a scalpel, it's technical, it's responsive, it's a fast train and your legs are the engines. You want power — BAM- power, speed- BAM, speed. It lets you unleash everything you've trained so bloody hard for.

However, it's not a class shoe. Leave it for the trails. It is just too precise for Les Mills Grit, or anything that involves jumping around indoors on nasty carpet. You'll kill them, and your feet.

And as much as I would love to claim I don't give a damn what people think about me while I gruntingly lift heavy things and put them down again to get that crazy endorphin rush, the reality is that the splash of crazy fluro colour does tend to divert any conversation from my technique (bulging muscles) to my choice of footwear.

One other very weird thing, is that the sizing is not what you expect at all. I had to go a whole size above my usual Saucony size, and it's a very snug fit. But it's a damn good one.

Saucony Kinvara TR

The Saucony Kinvara TR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 18, 2014 at Backcountry.com.