Sea Eagle Sport 370

The Sea Eagle 370 is everything I hoped it would be,…

Price Paid: ~$350

Summary

The Sea Eagle 370 is everything I hoped it would be, and more.

Pros

• Size
  • Design
  • Stability
  • Cost

The Sea Eagle 370 is everything I hoped it would be, and more.

This inflatable kayak is what I’ll call quality with value.

I wanted to get something to make my camping trips with my daughters more fun and appealing to them.  Since they vary in age range, hiking (especially longer ones) aren’t always ideal. So I targeted something to play on the water with, and I researched a LOT before deciding upon the Sea Eagle 370.

I am very happy that I landed on this particular kayak:

• Cost – very cost friendly compared to similar items
  • Durability – the material feels very sturdy, and I believe it’s rated to handle Class 3 rapids
  • Stability – I was a little concerned here, due to it being an inflatable. But you feel very confident from the moment you step into the kayak, until you step out.
  • Maneuverability – it goes well on the water!
  • Paddles – they are okay. You can tell they are on the lower scale, but do an okay job. Wouldn’t mind a slight improvement here.
  • Foot pump – I actually tried to have the foot pump removed from the package (have a pump, save costs), but Sea Eagle refused to do so. Which, I’m glad they did. The foot pump is very efficient, and you are able to have the kayak inflated relatively quickly. It also works to deflate as well, and that obviously takes a bit more time to properly do so, and dry the kayak off.
  • Seats – I did upgrade to the premium seat. Can’t say how they compare to the cheaper models, but I feel confident that I made the right decision. The seats are comfy, and sturdy. With a pocket if you need it.
  •  Size –
    • On the water it fits one adult and two children easily.
    • Alternately it packs up great! It comes with its own duffle-like bag, that is quite compact considering everything in it. It’s not light, but it’s not unmanageable either.

Not sure how other more expensive inflatables compare, but from my experience with the 370 – I am highly pleased I purchased.

Thanks for sharing your kayak review, Robert. I'd love to see pictures of it in action (maybe before and after pumping), if you're willing to add those to the review.