Sea to Summit eVAC Dry Sack

Two of the best dry-bags I have owned! Very durable…

Price Paid: $25-35

Summary

Two of the best dry-bags I have owned! Very durable one-way vacuum dry bag... 2+ seasons of use without any kind of failure.

Pros

• Durable/high quality construction
  • Kept everything dry to date

Cons

• A little pricey

The Sea to Summit eVAC Dry Sack does its job! These dry bags are NOT designed to perform when submerged, but I find perfect for backpacking and keeping items organized and dry. Two seasons ago I purchased the 13L and 35L models, the bag material is very durable and tough. These dry bags have worked well for over six backpacking trips unscathed.

Only the bottom of the bag has the eVent membrane, where the air is let out. This allows the rest of the bag to be constructed with a very tough nylon fabric. The seams are taped and double stitched, which I have found no tearing or peeling as of yet.

The roll-top closure has a tacky Hypalon surface on one side, which sufficiently suits its purpose. There is a standard buckle and d-ring at the roll closure. I would not recommend using the d-ring for hanging a bear bag, however I imagine it would work if one were to gamble on losing their food due to a little piece of plastic.

The interior of the bag has a smooth white coating with an operators manual printed on it. This dry bag is designed to be oval, which ideally helps it from rolling down the hill on you... I have never given this part of the design much thought, but it does help when organizing and working out of your pack.

After 2+ years of use, the two bags I have work well. They are definitely a tougher bag than several others I own, and withstand daily use when out on the trail. I carry the 13L bag with me very often for daily use as my First Aid bag. I plan on purchasing a couple of more, so they're definitely worth it in my opinion!

If you've owned or used a Sea to Summit eVAC Dry Sack, please share your experience.