Sea to Summit Pack Tap

What Sea to Summit has done here is simply tart up…

What Sea to Summit has done here is simply tart up an old fashioned wine bladder (which many have converted for years of service as water bladders in people's packs) and slap a decent price tag on it

Which is brilliant. There is little to fault in this bladder. It is light, easy to use, durable, very well constructed, well thought out (even to replacing the spigot/tap with an easier to use and more durable silicone version and the stitching/construction is impeccable.

Best thing about a bladder is that it stabilises any water in your pack (as opposed to half full bottles sloshing around), is very light and packs away to nothing when empty (so nothing to carry a couple of extras or an extra large one in the pack for extra water carrying capacity if facing a long dry day on the trail).

This is a thorough refinement/enhancement of the trusty old wine bladder and I recommend it.

This is a great product that served me well for two…

Price Paid: $40-ish

Summary

This is a great product that served me well for two years of about once monthly use. I was loving the ease of use and the ability to carry so much more water. It was all going well till out on a hike the Pack Tap started leaking around the seam that the opening attached to the bag with.

Pros

• Carry more water
  • Easy to use
  • Don't over drink like with a camel back which always has the straw right there

Cons

• Leaked after 1 year of use
  • Need another bottle to drink out of onto of the pack tap

I can no longer use it as it leaks too rapidly. Luckily it broke on me on my last day of the hike and I had another bottle with me to use.