Sea to Summit Reactor Plus Thermolite Liner

Weight 9.3 oz / 263g

This is a great addition to any sleeping bag OR used…

This is a great addition to any sleeping bag OR used by itself.

My husband and I backpack a lot but did some car camping recently at Shenandoah NP.  I had just purchased the Reactor Plus at EMS and was super stoked to try it out. My husband, on the other hand, purhcased the cooler bag (poor choice). It dropped to about 49 degrees that night and I was VERY comfortable.

Although I'm ususally a cold sleeper, I slept the whole night thru with this one. (My husband, on the other hand, was a bit chilly.)

It is definitely worth the investment, especially if your current sleeping bag needs a little something to take the edge off during the cooler months. OR, if you're like me, and like to have a thin layer during the warmer(ish) months, but don't want to use an actual sleeping bag.

Really warms up a bag when you are on the cold edge…

Summary

Really warms up a bag when you are on the cold edge of what your sleeping bag can handle.

Pros

• does what it says, warms up the sleeping bag

Cons

• can get tangled up in the material

This bag liner is amazing. It really warms up the bag. I was camping with this and my Marmot Atom (40°) and the temps got down into the high 30s. I woke up in the middle of the night chilled so I slipped into this and immediately felt more warmth. Not long after I was getting really warm and had to vent my sleeping bag. I would never guess such a thin fabric would hold in so much heat.

The bag liner packs up pretty small. Not as small as a silk bag liner but not as big as a sleeping bag either. I am tall at 6'1" but this liner fit me just fine.

On the down sides, you have to slide into this from the top and because it is a relatively thin material, if you toss and turn you can end up tangled up in it. Personally I would rather be warm than tangle free but that's just me.  Some might find it restrictive.

I definitely recommend this liner for shoulder seasons or any time you are pushing your sleeping bags to their cold limits. Nice insurance to keep you warm through the night.

ncreases sleeping bag performance by up to 20°F (11°C) with dual-weight Thermolite fabric. Our regular 80 g/m² is combined with panels of 110g/m² Thermolite in the core body and foot bed areas adding extra warmth where most needed. The compact, shorter design shaves off excess weight while giving maximum warmth for torso and feet.

• First dual fabric sleeping bag liner
  • 110g/m2 Thermolite® panels in torso and foot areas
  • Adds overall warmth to a sleeping bag
  • Compact, shorter design is ideal for women or anyone under 6 foot tall
  • Packs into its own Ultra-Sil™ stuff sack
  • Color of liner is black and orange

Visit Sea to Summit's Reactor Plus Thermolite Liner page.

Increases sleeping bag performance by up to 20F (11C) with dual-weight Thermolite fabric. Our regular 80 g/m is combined with panels of 110g/m Thermolite in the core body and foot bed areas adding extra warmth where most needed. The compact, shorter design shaves off excess weight while giving maximum warmth for torso and feet.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Sea to Summit's Reactor Plus Thermolite Liner - Compact increases sleeping bag performance by up to 20F (11C) with dual-weight Thermolite fabric. Their regular 80 g/m2 is combined with panels of 110g/m2 Thermolite in the core body and foot bed areas adding extra warmth where most needed. The compact, shorter design shaves off excess weight while giving maximum warmth for torso and feet.

- CampSaver.com

Combining 2 different weight fabrics, this Sea to Summit Reactor Plus Themolite mummy bag liner adds a few degrees of warmth and extends the life of your sleeping bag.

The Sea to Summit Reactor Plus liner weighs just 9.3 oz. and adds up to 20degF of warmth to a sleeping bag. Or, use it alone in warmer conditions.

- EMS