Sea to Summit Titanium Long Spoon

Does its job. This is an easy review.  A titanium…

Summary

Does its job.

Pros

• Material
  • Length

Cons

• Surface texture
  • Cost

This is an easy review.

A titanium long spoon, what else could I say? It weighs nothing, it gets into those hard to reach places, and it's just plain cool. I use it for stirring inside my GSI Soloist pot or as a cooking utensil with my mess kit. I also love the little carabiner sea to summit includes. It allows me to clip the long spoon to my spork and other utensils.

My one gripe with this product is the surface texture. It makes eating off of it like eating off a piece of chalk. I get the same 'nails on a chalkboard' feeling every time I attempt to eat something with it.

If Sea to Summit continues to make these they should polish the actual spoon part. Otherwise it's a great product.

The spoon will look familiar, as quite a few companies…

The spoon will look familiar, as quite a few companies have branded the same article from the same original manufacturer.

Very lightweight, sturdy enough, and a good length.

The spoon has an oxide blast treatment for cosmetic purposes (hides forming/tooling marks) but is not so great when you have to eat with it. The fix is to grab some 220 grit sandpaper and sand the "spoon' portion smooth. This will really make it easy to wipe clean, and won't sand your teeth when eating (kind of like the fingernail on the chalkboard bit).

I do wish they made it from a thicker titanium sheet, but it is lightweight. The sheet thickness is 0.80mm or 1/32" so it is about as thin as you are going to get away with. I would still pack it with some reservations in regards to getting bent, meaning putting it your back pocket might not be a good idea, this is no Army Chow Hall utensil here.

The length is a must have, especially if you eat MRE's and like to do some real cooking with your mess kit.

Anyway, it is pretty handy, plus it's titanium so you feel cool on the trail.

4 stars 'cause I wish it was thicker and felt super robust.

If you've owned or used a Sea to Summit Titanium Long Spoon, please share your experience.