Sea to Summit X-Mug

I love this cup. It is light (2.4 ounces) but not…

I love this cup. It is light (2.4 ounces) but not completely lightweight compared to ordinary plastic cups. The advantage is the collapsibility.

I enjoy coffee and tea (hot) at most anytime. When it comes to the outdoors, both are essential liquids to me. I enjoy a nice hot cup of joe and tea to start the day and to ease into the evening at the campsite or waypoint.

The X-Mug allows me to collapse the mug from 4.25 by 2.75 inches down to a very small size ( about 1/2 an inch), is made of food-grade silicone, and fills me up with 16 ounces of hot joe.

It will easily clean, leaves no after taste (you need to wash thoroughly before the first use), and dries quickly. The silicone can withstand high liquid temperatures and is very flexible (except the plastic stability ring at the top).

Mine (blue in color) is nestled at the bottom of my Quart capacity aluminum anodized cookset (it fits perfectly inside).

You can't go wrong with this one.

Don't pack the kitchen sink, a couple of these collapsible…

Summary

Don't pack the kitchen sink, a couple of these collapsible mugs and your all set!

Pros

• Internal gradient markings help you measure out the contents
  • Packs small when collapsed
  • Bright colors, hard to misplace

Cons

• Would be nice if they had a clip attachment

These are great, I use then for coffee and eating meals. It's really the only thing I need to bring when backpacking for eating or drinking at camp.

They double as a measuring cup which comes in handy for measuring water for dehydrated meals.

I got two for Christmas last year. Great mug for backpacking.

I got two for Christmas last year. Great mug for backpacking. It holds a generous 16 oz. of liquid, and it collapses flat for easy storage. Fits perfect in the bottom of my titanium cookset with the fuel canister.

I use mine mainly for coffee or Tang. With hot liquids the sides can get hot, so hold it along the top plastic ring. I use to use Lexan mugs, and although they were lightweight they were more cumbersome to pack. The X-Mug is so much more compact.