SealLine Pro Pack

Used in BWCA for an 11-day trip. No problems! My wife…

Summary

Used in BWCA for an 11-day trip. No problems!

Pros

• Strong
  • Water tight
  • BIG
  • Comfortable enough
  • Legitimate harness and hipbelt

Cons

• Hard to see inside (black interior)

My wife and I used this pack on an 11-day trip in the Boundary Waters. During this time she and I both portaged loads in excess of 70 lbs, covering distances of up to one mile.

While this pack has nowhere near the amount of support needed to to use as a dedicated backpack, for a portage pack, I haven't found anything better. The hip belt and shoulder harness are adequate to the task for short (.25-1.5 mile) hauls that one typically encounters while on a canoe trip.

Due to the size of the pack, and the fact that the top will extend higher than one's shoulders, I don't recommend for solo paddlers trying to 'single-track' (I.E. carrying this pack PLUS canoe on one's shoulders). Our strategy was to have the wife carry this monster with most of the bulky/heavy gear and food, while I single-tracked with the canoe and a smaller (and not nearly as nice) Seattle Sports portage pack. We were able to adjust the harness and belt quick enough to switch between a 5'7" 135# woman and a 6'2" 225# man, as often as we needed, with a minimum of fuss.

The interior is HUGE and will easily accommodate two Garcia bear canisters standing upright next to each other in the bottom. The side straps and webbing are tough enough for me to lift the pack fully loaded up to her back to help her put it on (with her carrying 70 pounds, its the least I can do!).

The exterior appears to made out of a hypalon type material (used in WW rafts), and has held up fine after being dropped and dragged over rocks and trees.

A great buy at $120, and made our trip much more enjoyable.

Nice review, Dustin.

I have used the SealLine Pro Pack 115 numerous times…

Price Paid: under $125

I have used the SealLine Pro Pack 115 numerous times on my trips to the Quetico where our crew does numerous portages- some difficult. I continue to pick up more Pro packs for my trips because the pack is durable and equipment arrives DRY. This is one awesome product.

Excellent large dry bag. Perfect for canoe camping…

Excellent large dry bag. Perfect for canoe camping trips. We use these bags for our canoe camping trips. High quality construction, easy to pack, seal up, load and unload. Keeps all contents dry. A must have as you can load all your gear into these bags making for fewer contents within your canoe. Easy to carry for portage or just carrying to your camp site.

We took two of these bags on our Everglades National Park backcountry canoe camping trip. Loaded the bags with tent, sleeping bags/pads, clothes, cooking gear, food, etc. We love these bags and plan to purchase another for our multi canoe trip this winter. It sure beats unloading 8 or 10 smaller dry bags and although we have not yet dumped our loaded canoe it sure would make it much easier to "re-load" should that ever happen. If you canoe camp this is a must have item for your trip.

Visit SealLine's Pro Pack page.

SealLine Pro Pack - 115LPacking light becomes a breeze with the SealLine Pro Pack. Loaded with reliable features, the Pro Pack is designed to cater to your on-the-go lifestyle. For starters, this 115 L pack features an adjustable suspension system, which includes a breathable, waterproof back panel, shoulder straps, a sternum strap, and a heftier waist belt, that allow for a safe and hassle-free transport. On top of that, its Dry Seal Roll-Top Closure, along with a 30 oz. Vinyl Bathtub Bottom and 19 oz. scrim-reinforced vinyl sides, offer the ultimate waterproof protection and enhanced durability. This pack even comes with a grab handle for easy lifting and carrying wherever your adventure takes you. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and purchase the SealLine Pro Pack right away!

- SunnySports

For long-distance hauling, portaging in nasty weather, or expedition storage, the SealLine Pro Pack 115 Dry Bag features an adjustable suspension system to help you comfortably hump your gear. The padded back panel and full hip belt stabilize the load on long treks. The roll-top closure secures with side compression straps, and the bathtub-style bottom gives you added durability.

On Sale. Free Shipping. SealLine Pro Pack FEATURES of the SealLine Pro Pack The pack of choice for big river running, frequent portaging and worry-free expedition travel A fully adjustable suspension system can easily be removed for safe river-running, and includes a ventilated and waterproof back panel, shoulder and sternum straps, plus a hefty waist belt for big loads Suspension is adjustable for different torso lengths 30-oz vinyl bathtub bottom delivers superior durability Closure is secured by side and top cinch straps SPECIFICATIONS of the SealLine Pro Pack Weight: 6 lbs 3 oz / 2790 g Dimension: 12.5 x 18.5 x 30in. / 32 x 47 x 76 cm Volume: 6940 cubic inches / 115 liter Closure: Dry Seal dual-strip roll-down 19-oz scrim-reinforced vinyl body, 30-oz scrim-reinforced vinyl bottom

Whether you're running big water, or just extra careful in your travels, make sure there is nothing amateur about the way you haul gear with the Pro Pack from SealLine. Keep all of your gear protected with the Dry Seal roll-top closure and durable scrim-reinforced sides and bottom, and when it comes to packing it in and out of desired locales, count on the adjustable suspension system for comfortable, backpack-style carrying.

- Mountain Gear