Perfect for my needs. Great splash protection on moderate…

Price Paid: EMS sale plus coupon

Summary

Perfect for my needs. Great splash protection on moderate paddles and helps to extend my paddle season.

Pros

• Adjustable tunnel
  • Access to cockpit without removing
  • Two mesh pockets
  • Don't feel confined by it
  • Releases from kayak easily by a handle pull

Cons

• None

I used the Sneak for the first time on a cool 33 degree Black Friday paddle on the Brandywine Creek for 15 miles. I had the normal paddle drips and did a few wave fields with splash onto the deck. Without the sprayskirt I would have been wet. What water that didn't just run off of skirt ran off by lifting the center a bit.

I really like the zipper access to the cockpit for drink and snack. I keep spare gloves in the mesh pockets.

Some people say that they would feel confined with a sprayskirt. With the Velcro adjustable tunnel I don't feel confined by it at all and the Sneak releases easily with one pull on the handle. I've seen some people with big cockpit kayaks use a Sneak with the zipper opened for sun protection.

If you want splash protection without the confined, closed in feeling the Seals Sneak is the skirt for you.