SealSkinz Waterproof Gloves

I originally bought this glove for work when I distributed…

Summary

I originally bought this glove for work when I distributed Coca-Cola. On days that were real cold and rainy my hands would get really cold. They are indeed waterproof, but maybe the Chill Blocker Sealskinz would be better for keeping hands warm.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Snug fit

Cons

• Grip wore off quick
  • Not warm
  • Stiff

I originally bought these gloves for work, but have found better use for them in the outdoors. When I worked for Coca-Cola I needed some gloves to keep my hands warm and dry when it was cold and wet outside. I found out that these gloves are not good for working with small objects. They were too stiff to do technical jobs.

And when it was really cold outside, they were not as warm as I would like. The Chill Blocker Sealskinz I guess would be better for keeping hands warm (hence the name Chill Blocker). The "stickiness" of the grip also wore off very quick, which made it very hard to handle bottles and cans in the drink business. Hopefully knowing those things will help give you a better idea of how they perform.

I have however found many uses for them in the outdoors. A lot of times I take them with me camping and fishing or hunting. If you ride a four wheeler in and out of the woods when hunting or fishing, you know that when it rains, it can be miserable for your hands when you have wind beating on them. I love having these gloves for that reason. They keep your hands dry and help cut the chill.

If you've owned or used a SealSkinz Waterproof Gloves, please share your experience.