Seattle Sports Puffer Jug

Packs down fairly flat, doesn't take up much room…

Summary

Packs down fairly flat, doesn't take up much room in my pack. Has holes at three corners good for hanging when you have nothing handy to set it on or tying to outside of pack. Handy spout, same as large hard containers, for cleaning, cooking, filling.

Pros

• Light
  • Compact
  • Good spout

Cons

• See none so far

Have used in my base camp for three different outings. Works great, and has not punctured yet. I use the three holes to hang the container from limbs, when I don't have something handy to set it on, for a handy elevated position.

I fill the container after I set up camp from springs or creeks that I camp near. I use it for my cooking, water bottle refill, and cleaning. Holds around 2.5 gallons, if I remember correctly. I get a couple days out of it between fillings and that includes personal hygiene cleaning.

Is made from soft flexible plastic. I was worried for its durability, especially the seams being smashed in my pack for lengthy periods. However, it is fairly thick and seems to be holding up fine. At the $8.49 I paid locally for this product and how well it has worked so far I'm sure this won't be my last.

Seattle Sports Puffer Jug

The Seattle Sports Puffer Jug is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2014 at REI.

If you're looking for a new water storage container, check out the best reviewed current models.