Sierra Designs Arrow Rock 15

Shoulder Girth 57 - 65 in / 140 - 170 cm 59 - 67 in / 150 - 170 cm
Hip Girth 53 - 61 in / 130 - 150 cm 55 - 63 in / 140 - 160 cm
Foot Girth 35 - 43 in / 89 -110 cm 37 - 45 in / 94 - 114 cm
Price $249.95 USD $269.95 USD

I bought this bag for a 6 day backcountry hiking trip…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 600 fill down
Temperature Rating: 15F
Weight: 3 pounds
Price Paid: $299 CDN

I bought this bag for a 6 day backcountry hiking trip with varying weather and for shoulder season backpacking/camping. During my trip along the Long Range Traverse (Gros Morne National Park) the temperatures went from a low of 0C to a high of 25C during the day. I'm generally not a cold sleeper although my feet tend to get cold easily.

When I went to go bag shopping I was looking for something warm and light. I got the warmth, but it would have been nice to have something a bit lighter. The use of 600 fill down and the FLEX system are the main sources of weight gain, but the lower quality down helps keep the price somewhat reasonable.

The FLEX system (elastic baffles on the top of the bag) is awesome and well worth the extra ounces. I was worried at first about getting a mummy bag because I thought I may feel constricted. That wasn't the problem at all! Although I'm not a big guy (5'9" 140ish on a heavy day), I still like room to move around in my bag. The stretch baffles allowed me to do this while still reducing wasted air space in the bag.

The first few nights were quite warm and I usually slept with the zipper fully open. The last three/four nights of the trip proved to be quite cold and the sleeping bag didn't fail to keep me warm. Fully zipped and the hood cinched tight - I was as comfortable as sleeping in my own bed.

My hiking partner, who is a chronic cold sleeper, has the woman's version of this bag and she thought it was perfect! The hood on the bag is roomy enough for me to stuff my Thermarest pillow in there and still cinch the hood snugly around my face.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase and the performance. It (almost) fit my criteria perfectly. I'd give it five stars but I wish it was a tad lighter. Although a little pricey, the added features and benefits are worth it.

Visit Sierra Designs's Arrow Rock 15 page.

3-Season 15 deg F / - 9 deg There are always colder temps to be found, even during Summer. Don't hesitate a bit to go higher when you've got a lightweight, warm Arrow Rock in your pack. Flex(TM) technology throughout gives an unparalleled night's rest. 600-fill goose down sleeps well on Whitney or Longs and tuck stitching guards seams against an early demise due to abrasion.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Free Shipping. Sierra Designs Arrow Rock 15 Degree Sleeping Bag DECENT FEATURES of the Sierra Designs Men's Arrow Rock 15 Degree Sleeping Bag Snag-free zipper tracks Draw cord at collar Draft collar Flex stretch internal andexternal construction Ergonomic hood and footbox Pillow pocket Easy access, ventable, 60in. zipper Zipper draft tube Includes stuff and storage sack The SPECS Temperature Rating: 15deg F / -9deg C Zipper Side: Left Stuff Size: 8in. x 16in. Material: Fill: 600 Fill-Power Down Shell: 30D Polyester Micro-Ripstop Liner: 30D Polyester The SPECS for Regular Trail Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz Shoulder Girth: 57 - 65in. Hip Girth: 53 - 61in. Footbox Girth: 35 - 43in. Fits Up To: 6' Fill Weight: 26 oz The SPECS for Long Trail Weight: 3 lbs 0 oz Shoulder Girth: 59 - 67in. Hip Girth: 55 - 63in. Footbox Girth: 37 - 45in. Fits Up To: 6'6in. Fill Weight: 28 oz

By the time you clean up dinner and organize your campsite, the Sierra Designs Arrow Rock 15 Sleeping Bag and its body-hugging 600-fill goose down has been calling your name for a while. The Tuck Stitch construction eliminates gaps where body heat can easily escape, and the internal and external stretch baffles reduce dead-air space inside without feeling constrictive.

There are always colder temps to be found, even during Summer. Don't hesitate a bit to go higher when you've got a lightweight, warm Sierra Designs Arrow Rock in your pack. Flex technology throughout gives an unparalleled night's rest. 600-fill goose down sleeps well on Whitney or Longs and tuck stitching guards seams against an early demise due to abrasion. A draft tube and ergonomic hood seal out the cold, while a full-length Snag Free zipper allows you to adjust to temperature fluctuations.

- CampSaver.com

Sierra Designs Arrow Rock 15

The Sierra Designs Arrow Rock 15 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 5, 2014 at Rocky Mountain Trail.