Sierra Designs Baffin Bivy

Packed Diameter 4 in
Capacity 1
Floor Material 70D Nylon, 3000 mm
Body Material Drizoneā„¢ 40D Nylon

I rec. The Sierra D. Baffin Bivi yesterday 06/02/10…

Design: bivi sack
Weight: 1 pound

I rec. The Sierra D. Baffin Bivi yesterday 06/02/10 from Sunny Sports.

I tried it out for the first time last night using a Kelty Coromell 25 Deg. Down bag 2009 modle. Low temp was 43 Deg. I am 5'10" 185 lbs

The Baffin is plenty long but snug in the girth. It didn't breath as well as i had hoped, condensation on bag. This may be due to the mild temp. I may have perspired more using the baffin than without it.

The Baffin is very well put together as you would expect from Sierra D.

This is my fist bivy. I'v been using a hammock for years and wanted to try something different. I would have given a higher score but had trouble with the zips. Being a "L" side zip the Baffin only opened 3/4 around the head. 4or5 more in. would have made all the differance. I will keep the Baffin and will try other options to make it work for me.

I have a few trips planned this summer and will post more when I get it out into the field.