Sierra Designs Buddy Rad

Outstanding design and quality. The convertible design…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 775 powerfill
Temperature Rating: 0
Weight: 3+

Outstanding design and quality. The convertible design is very useful. The draft collar and hood design are very effective. Highly recommended.

I recently purchased this bag on sale, $175 paid for…

Design: Mummy 62x59x40
Fill: 775 Down
Temperature Rating: 0 degree
Weight: 4.3 lbs weighed @ scale

I recently purchased this bag on sale, $175 paid for a 2003 model.
Sierra Designs has been around since 1965, even older than the TNF. So the bag is 775 down I measured the loft between 7 1/2 - 8 inches. The loft is less towards the foot section, 7 1/2" and 8" over the chest.

This is a Thermospectrum bag in that it has a zippered top section two #3 YKK'S allow the user to zip it off in warmer weather. Because of this the bag has a large pocket so to speak the width and length
of the bag. I liked the concept. You can stuff a down bag liner in between the top and and bottom section a -30 degree solution.

The Buddy Rad is a 0 degree bag which I recently used on a
campout in Lake Tahoe. The temp was 10 degrees, I was more than toasty. My only gripe is that there should be more loft in the hood and they use a velcro strip which comes across your chin. Otherwise a great universal bag with more features than I've seen on anyother bag. The materials are first rate and the sewing is top notch. It has a Dryloft shell with a 40d tafetta inner lining. I would like to find a "Cliff Blizzard" in a long size.

Overall a great buy for the money. Sadly you can't buy any bag this quality for less than $450. Oh well.

Sierra Designs Buddy Rad

The Buddy Rad has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Buddy Rad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at FogDog Sports.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?