Sierra Designs Comet

We've had a Comet for over 10 years. Amazing tent!

Summary

We've had a Comet for over 10 years. Amazing tent!

Pros

• Roomy
  • Good value
  • Well-made
  • Good in wet weather
  • Easy setup.

Cons

• Mesh should be lower so you can see outside better & get better ventilation in hot weather.

Our Comet has kept us dry in lots of rainy camping (we live in Washington state). Super easy setup. Pretty lightweight for how huge it is inside. When we car camp, we put a queen sized air mattress inside and sleep like we're at home!!!

I think I had one zipper replaced once, other than that, it's really well-made, very durable for the amount of wear it's seen in 12 years.

Definitely recommend for someone who is looking for a roomy 2-3 person tent.

This is an absolutely terrific tent. I've used it…

Design: Three season freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: Easy
Weight: About 7 pounds with everything
Price Paid: Approx $299

This is an absolutely terrific tent. I've used it for five years and I would definitely buy another. Like all 3-person tents, you can choose between two people and some gear or three small people. Setup is fairly easy despite pole-vault length poles (it's great that they're all the same length), and the tent is very spacious for the weight. I'd like a bigger vestibule for a tent of this size (it's really only good for storing your boots), but that's nitpicking -- I love the tent!

Wonderfully spacious tent for two, very good space-to-weight…

Design: Three season
Sleeps: 3, perfect for 2
Ease of Setup: Easy
Weight: 7 lbs
Price Paid: under $300 on sale

Wonderfully spacious tent for two, very good space-to-weight ratio. The awning works well in the rain. I was concerned that the design would not work well in wind. However, I had a chance to use the tent in 50-60 mph winds. I staked down all the pull-outs on the fly, and angled the tent so that a flat side did not directly catch the wind. I slept through the night without a flutter.

Excellent tent, hasn't leaked in four years.

Design: 3 season dome
Ease of Setup: Very easy
Weight: 5.5lbs

Excellent tent, hasn't leaked in four years.

If you've owned or used a Sierra Designs Comet, please share your experience.

Sierra Designs Comet

The Comet has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Comet is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 8, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.