Sierra Designs Down Jacket

Nice, lightweight, stuffs small in a frame pack I…

Summary

Nice, lightweight, stuffs small in a frame pack

Pros

• weight
  • stuff size

Cons

• ?

I bought the blue and grey one from Sierra Trading Post in '07. Comes with stuff sack, which I use for a down pillow when backpacking. I don't know how warm it is, because I haven't been in really cold weather with it. I think it's kind of a fair weather jacket. It's rather light on weight and insulation. No problems with zippers.

This jacket's zipper gets stuck EVERY time I zip it…

Fabric: nylon
Fill: down

This jacket's zipper gets stuck EVERY time I zip it up or down. Not Good!

CLOSEOUTS . This classic down jacket from Sierra Designs is a great way to reacquaint yourself with the celestial lightness (and incredible warmth) of 650 fill power down. Full zip front with storm flap Soft chin protector Adjustable drawcord hem Zippered hand pockets Elastic cuffs Length: 29” Weight: 1 lb. 4 oz. 100% nylon shell and lining 650 fill power Machine wash, hang dry CLOSEOUTS . China. Size: S(34-36) M(38-40) L(42-44) XL(46-48) 2XL(50-52)

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Sierra Designs Down Jacket

The Down Jacket has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Down Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 27, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.