Sierra Designs Down Moccasin

men's
Weight 8 oz
Shell Fabric Elevation Eco
Insulation 700 Fill Down

These are toasty warm around the foot. The build quality…

These are toasty warm around the foot. The build quality is great, with thoughtful touches like a heel pull that works well with winter gloves (field verified).

The reinforced heel and front help mitigate moisture migration into the down from wet snow. These shoes have some grip, but stay on flat terrain. Hard packed snow is not your friend while wearing these.

I wore these on a winter backpacking trip, with mid-weight merino socks, in single digit temperatures. My feet were toasty warm — mostly (more on that in a moment). They are very lightweight and pack down to about 3/4" in height each (in size XXL). Soft fleece cuff is nice but not really noticeable unless I'm not wearing socks (only once in trial at home).

My 1.5 Star reduction? Well...

The XL size in men's, the largest SD makes, is spec'd as a 11.5-13 bootie. Not a chance. I am a true 13 and these press on my big and 2nd toe. This was really highlighted in those cold temps I experienced while camping. My feet were toasty except for the ends of my two biggest toes on each foot. I suspect that is because the moccs are under-sized, and my bigger feet compress the down into nothing on those toes.

My feet were also tender from the hike, and that didn't help the way my toes felt. I will say that only the tips of said toes were "moderately cool", but not uncomfortable. The discomfort came from the inaccurate sizing leaving my toes a little squooshed. If you are more than a 12.5, don't buy these (12.5 try on first).

I only paid $19 and they don't make these larger so I kept them. I'm trying to stretch out the length if I can.

Visit Sierra Designs's Men's Down Moccasin page.

So you recently tried to make your own moccasins out of old leather scraps you found in the shed and a pile of goose feathers that your dog found on your lawn. And you failed. There's no need to feel bad about it; just get yourself the Sierra Designs Down Moccasin Slippers, throw the wad of leather at your dog, and watch him gnaw on his new chew toy.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Ideal for hut trips, apres ski, or just kicking around the house on a cold winter day, the Sierra Designs Down Moccasin packs a ton of warmth into a small package. A 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell is stuffed with warm and light 700 fill down for superior warmth and packability. An elasticized, fleece cuff adds comfort to this low-cut slip-on, while a heavy duty nylon non-skid sole provides durability and traction. Constructed EVA Footbed. Ankle Cuff is 300-Weight Fleece. Double Needle Top Stitched. Heel Pull Tab. Heavy Duty Nylon Sole. Weight: 8 oz. / 227 g. Insulation: 700 Fill Down. Shell Fabric: Elevation: 100% Recycled Polyester Ripstop. Washing/Care Instructions: Hand wash or use front-load washer only (no agitator). Use synthetic fabric soaps found at outdoor specialty locations. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry no-heat and include three tennis balls to maximize the loft of the garment.

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

Winter is coming; be prepared with the Sierra Designs Men's Down Moccasins. These super warm, fleece-lined boots will keep your feet toasty warm against the winter chill.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

The Sierra Designs Down Moccasins are toasty Mocs that keep your feet happy and warm at home or on quick trips outdoors. Eco shell fabric is post-consumer recycled polyester offer a tough exterior and a comfy fleece lining create a soft interior. Heavy-duty nylon non-skid soles offer durable protection on most surfaces. These moccasins will make your feet look forward to winter.Constructed EVA FootbedAnkle Cuff is 300- Weight FleeceDouble Needle Top StitchedHeel Pull TabHeavy Duty Nylon Sole700 Fill DownWeight: 8 oz029205-BK

- Campmor refers to the men's version