Sierra Designs Navassa Bivy

This bivy sack is an exceptional camping tool. I use…

Design: three-season
Ease of Setup: throw it out and ur done
Weight: 1.2 lbs
Price Paid: 99.95$

This bivy sack is an exceptional camping tool. I use it spring, summer and fall outside and in a tent in the winter. Even when I'm not backpacking I will bring this along for a nice sleep under the stars. I love the 6 zippers on it cause it just makes getting gear in the middle of the night so much easier.

I experienced a little bit of moisture on the inside of the it but that's not a problem compared to the price. I mean what do you expect, you're always gunna have a bit of moisture on the inside of any bivy sack. I've even gone survivor style with just this, a fishing pole, a flint, water bottle and a knife and this, surprisingly kept me warm throughout the night.

I highly recmomend this bivy sack for people who want to try bivy sacks out or are on a tight budget. But even then this bivy sack is the way to go.

I have used this bivi on three separate three-day…

Design: Bivy Sack
Ease of Setup: 4 stakes........done!!!
Weight: 1lb 10 oz

I have used this bivi on three separate three-day trips. Once in North Carolina Mountains around 5,000 - 6,000 ft, tempatures ranging from 50-70 degrees. Twice in Wisconsin (Flat Land) during winter, temps ranging from 30-5 degrees.

The bivy is basic, yet it is waterproof as I encountered rain in North Carolina. It has considerable condesation problems around seams, although my sleeping bag was not damp. During winter use I used a 15 degree bag combined with this bivi in 5 degree temps. I was extremely warm, almost too warm, but once again their was considerable condensation inside the from my body heat. The material does not breathe the best and can be very stuffy completely enclosed.

Overall a good budget bivy, light (lbs 10oz), and I would recommend it for the backpacker on a budget. I rate 3 stars due to comparison with higher end gore-tex models I have used.

I bought this bivy sack 1 year ago and have used it…

Design: 3-4 season
Ease of Setup: couldn't be any more simple
Weight: 1 lb. 7 oz
Price Paid: 100$

I bought this bivy sack 1 year ago and have used it 4 times since then. Once at a very dusty campout out on the dry plains of Colorado, once in the rocky mountains of Colorado, once in the Sangres in Colorado, and finally once on a snow camp out on the plains.

This sack has kept me surprisingly warm but has some condensation problems (like all bivy sacks will). Overall this is my best friend up backpacking because it is soooo light and with the Z-lite Therm-a-rest pad makes an extremely good sleep.

If you've owned or used a Sierra Designs Navassa Bivy, please share your experience.

Sierra Designs Navassa Bivy

The Sierra Designs Navassa Bivy is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 14, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new bivy sack, check out the best reviewed current models.

Trail Weight 1 lb 1 oz / .48 kg