Sierra Designs Omega Light

Best tent I ever owned. I turned in my regular Omega…

Design: 3/4 season convertible
Ease of Setup: 8 out of 10
Weight: 5 lbs

Best tent I ever owned. I turned in my regular Omega so I could backpack with it. I live in Oregon and use it for everything. I would not use this for mountaineering as it is not as heavy-duty for that type of application.

I wish Sierra made a 1-man version of a 3/4 season convertible.

OK, it looked great on paper and weight was perfect.

Price Paid: usual

OK, it looked great on paper and weight was perfect. I took it once into the highlands and spend a night in it in windy conditions. In the morning winds picked up and the tent collapsed. It was blowing hard from behind (ALL pegs and guy ropes were secured) and the structure was pushed forward until the aluminium poles gave way and collapsed on top of my head. It sounds funny (yes, it is!) but I am glad it was overninght trip only to test the tent in wind and rain. IT IS NOT A 4-SEASON TENT! The wind was strong but I could stand it comfortably. would NOT recommend it for long trips in the mountains.:)