Sierra Designs Solomente

I got to use this tent on a winter climbing trip to…

Design: four-season freestanding wedge
Ease of Setup: No problem
Weight: 3 lbs 1 oz

I got to use this tent on a winter climbing trip to Colorado. I bought this tent for solo trips but discovered that it fits two nicely. I think it has more usable room than the Bibler I-tent.

I really like how easily this tent sets up. I had it set up in less than 5 minutes. We were in a borderline survival situation and being able to set this tent up quickly with very little energy probably saved our lives, or at least made us more comfortable.

Ice formed on the inside of the tent and the pop out vents let blowing snow inside. I can deal with ice on the walls and next time I'll pay more attention to closing the vents if needed. Compared to other winter tents I have had, including the Garuda Attman, I like this one the best. We had no problem staying warm even thought the temps dropped to 5 degrees below zero. I can't wait to try this tent on a solo trip, it will seam downright palatial.

Sierra Designs Solomente

The Solomente has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Solomente is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 16, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.