Sierra Designs Solomente

I got to use this tent on a winter climbing trip to…

Design: four-season freestanding wedge
Ease of Setup: No problem
Weight: 3 lbs 1 oz

I got to use this tent on a winter climbing trip to Colorado. I bought this tent for solo trips but discovered that it fits two nicely. I think it has more usable room than the Bibler I-tent.

I really like how easily this tent sets up. I had it set up in less than 5 minutes. We were in a borderline survival situation and being able to set this tent up quickly with very little energy probably saved our lives, or at least made us more comfortable.

Ice formed on the inside of the tent and the pop out vents let blowing snow inside. I can deal with ice on the walls and next time I'll pay more attention to closing the vents if needed. Compared to other winter tents I have had, including the Garuda Attman, I like this one the best. We had no problem staying warm even thought the temps dropped to 5 degrees below zero. I can't wait to try this tent on a solo trip, it will seam downright palatial.

Free Shipping. Sierra Designs Solomente Tent (Fall 2006) The Solomente Tent by Sierra Designs is a single-wall tent made of DriZone, with room to sit upright, a Stash Door, Jake's Corner, SuperSeal floor, Air Flow Vent System and our Arch Support Technology. Easy-to-pitch, quiet in the wind and bomber in a storm, the Solomente is the ultimate one-person any-condition shelter.Features Air Flow Vent System Arch Support Technology Clip-Locs Color-Coded Webbing Computer Aided Design DAC Featherlite Poles Double Grommets Footprint Compatible Gear Pockets Jake's Corner Lightweight Fly Material Locking Pole Tips Reflective Guy-outs and Zipper pulls Single Wall Construction Stash Door SuperSeal Floor Swift Clips Tent Guard with Ultra Fresh Uses Backpacking Expedition Mountaineering Trail Weight 3 lbs 1 oz Fastpack Weight n/a Packed Weight 3 lbs 9 oz Packed Size 22in. x 6in. Number of Doors 1 Interior Area 22 sq. ft. Vestibule Area 4 sq. ft. Peak Height 39in. Floor Type SuperSeal Floor Material 70D Taffeta Nylon, 3000mm Body Material 40D Rip Stop Nylon, DriZone 2L Fly Material 40D HT Rip Stop Nylon, 1500mm, PU/Silicon Number of Poles 1 Number of Clip Locks 0 Number of Swift Clips 8 Number of Interlocks 0 Poles DAC Featherlite Solomente AST Footprint 1 Person 4 Season

Sierra Designs Solomente

The Solomente has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Solomente is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 16, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.