Sierra Designs Thor

This was my first down bag and I immediately fell…

Design: left zip mummy

This was my first down bag and I immediately fell in love with it. For a quite reasonably priced down bag it packs down small and is quite waterproof. I have slept out on the beach and woken up with condensation literally dripping off the bag, but the down stayed perfectly dry. It also withstood high condensation and seepage after a 3-people in a 2-person backpacking tent during a torrential downpour night, in which there was water beginning to pool on the floor and I ended up pressed up against the tent wall.

I have not slept down to zero in this bag by itself. I did get chilly one night when it was about 12, however I had spent the entire day mildly hypothermic and wet, and never really warmed up properly. I feel like this bag would normally keep me warm much closer to zero. It is also spacious enough to sleep with clothing and boots in the bag, if necessary.

Recently I spent the night out in -15 degree weather by stuffing my 15 degree bag inside of this one. While not for the claustrophobic, this bag was just roomy enough to fit my other down bag inside.

I have yet to test this bag on below freezing nights.

Design: mummy
Temperature Rating: 0 degree F

I have yet to test this bag on below freezing nights. However, as a very cold sleeper, I have used this bag without a tent on 40 degree nights and have been really cozy and warm. Plus, the waterproofing did an excellent job repelling the morning dew. While you do gain some weight and lose some compressibility as compared to regular down bags, you lose the fear of getting it wet and rendering it useless. I am a fan.

Goose down insulates like no synthetic can. This Sierra Designs' sleeping bag has a convenient inner drawcord at neck to seal body heat in while drawcord hood keeps head warm. DriZone™ waterproof breathable nylon shell Adjustable strap secures sleep pad Durable and tear-resistant Rated to: 0°F Zipper: Left Length: 79-½” Girth (shoulder/hip/foot): 62x57x43” Stuff size: 9x19” Weight: 3 lb. 13 oz. Fabric: Nylon with polyester lining Insulation: Goose down Fill power: 600 Fill weight: 32 oz. CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

Go ahead and take this down-filled sleeping bag into the wet weather--DriZone shell fabric offers waterproof, breathable protection. Nylon ripstop shell has a waterproof, breathable laminate that protects the down fill from outside moisture. Breathable lining allows moisture to escape so it doesn't get trapped and condense; the goose down stays dry and lofted so you stay warm. Warm, 600 fill-power goose down is highly compressible;side baffles eliminate cold spots and help keep bag loftier. Contoured hood features differentiated drawcords that make adjustment easy, even in the dark. Contoured, roomy footbox gives feet space to be comfortable and allows goose down to loft fully, maximizing warmth. Locking zipper with glow-in-the-dark pull stays in place when venting; anti-snag zipper doesn't catch on fabric. Dual draft tubes and draft collar at the neck seal warmth in and chilly drafts out. Pad Locks™, loops at the shoulders and hips, allow you to attach your bag and sleeping pad together for a more comfortable night's sleep. Comes with stuff sack and large storage bag. Overstock.

When they introduced the Thor Sleeping Bag by Sierra Designs in 2004 they quickly caught the eye of the professional hikers at Backpacker Magazine - and quickly picked up the prestigious Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice 2004 Award. Sleeping bags with waterproof shells have been around for decades, but not at a price that's affordable for most of us. Until now. Go ahead: sleep outside your tent. Although they do not have taped seams, the DriZone shells' are impervious to the dew and wind that usually make an in.outside the tentin. night a risky endeavor.Great for: Backpacking, Camping, Expedition, Mountaineering Temperature Range: 0 Degree F/-18 Degree C. Type: Adventure Drizone Insulation: Powerfill 600-Fill Goose Down Trail Weight: 3 lbs 13 oz (R); 4 lbs 1 oz (L) Fill Weight: 32 oz (R); 34 oz (L) Inside Length: 79.5in. (R); 88in. (L) Zipper Side: Left Stuff Size: 9in. x 19in. Shell Material: 40D Nylon Liner Material: 40D Polyester Shoulder Girth: 62in. (R); 64in. (L) Hip Girth: 57in. (R); 59in. (L) Footbox Girth: 43in. (R); 44in. (L)Features: Baffle Construction Draft Collar DriZone Waterproof Breathable Dual Draft Tubes Glow-in-the-Dark Zipper Pulls Pad Locks Snag Free Zipper Tracks

When we introduced our DriZone sleeping bags in 2004 they quickly caught the eye of the professio

- Snow Leopard Mountain Sports

Sierra Designs Thor

The Thor has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Thor is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 29, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.