Light, water-resistant, and overall durable down jacket.

Summary

Light, water-resistant, and overall durable down jacket. I was please with the warmth and comfort of the jacket. There were many mornings it was in the single digits and I was fine walking to class with a t-shirt and this jacket.

Pros

• Water-resistant
  • Warm!

Cons

• The down clumps when washes and dries
  • Hood needs to be more fitted

Overall a fantastic jacket! Like I mentioned before I walked to class when it was in the single digits with just a t-shirt underneath.

This being my first down jacket I was worried about its durability and ability to hold warmth, and overall I am pleased. The lining of the sleeve where it meets the cuff unfortunately has started to come undone but it's just a matter of sending it back in and Sierra Designs will fix it no problem.

My only other gripe is when I washed it, the down clumps together in the arm and won't separate back out, which left me with "cold" spots the next few times I wore it.

Sierra Designs Tov

The Sierra Designs Tov is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 29, 2016 at Sierra Designs.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Vargo Alcohol Fuel Bottle Review