Sierra Designs Vapor Light 1

Pole Type DAC NSL
Floor Material 40D Nylon, 3000 mm
Body Material 20D Nylon
Fly Material 40D Nylon, 1500 mm

Overall, very easy to set up, packs up light and takes…

Overall, very easy to set up, packs up light and takes up little space.  Footprint, poles, and fly clip and lock into place and stay secure.

Only criticism is the small size of tent and vestibule, but it is a one-man tent so that is to be expected. Vestibule barely contained my pack and boots; would have been an issue in rainy weather.

Lightweight, freestanding tent with sturdy poles;…

Summary

Lightweight, freestanding tent with sturdy poles; quick setup; a tight space for one, but useful for small spaces in the woods. I love that the top of the tent is all mesh—great view into the sky when the rain fly is off.

Pros

• Freestanding

Cons

• Door is at head of tent (instead of along the side)
  • Tight quarters

This will work well for me as a supplemental tent for when I'm solo on a bikepacking trip where light weight and small size is essential. Poles seem very durable and I like the Jake's Foot pole connection design. I'm not sure about longterm durability, but it seems very durable.

Lightweight, spacious, free standing. Need I say more?

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Sierra Designs)

Summary

Lightweight, spacious, free standing. Need I say more? This tent is so easy to set up, you don't even need instructions!

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Spacious

Cons

• Tent stakes could be lighter

The only thing I would change about this tent are the stakes that come with it. Besides that, this tent was made in heaven.

I will be using this tent during the PCT thru hike. I know I won't be disappointed since SD always makes wonderful products!

Sierra Designs Vapor Light 1

The Sierra Designs Vapor Light 1 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 17, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new 3-4 season convertible tent, check out the best reviewed current models.