Sierra Designs Wicked Fast

I have used my SD Wicked fast in a variety of settings. …

I have used my SD Wicked fast in a variety of settings.  Before you read on, let it be known that I am a warm sleeper.  I usually use a cotton sleeping bag liner with this.  In the summer months I find the bag usually too hot so I unzip it and/or sleep mostly out of it or on top of it in the liner only.  I have used it on several snowshoe backpacking trips and never been cold (tent, groundcloth, pad and liner w good clothes) .

Two occasion stand out to me.  A short solo backpacking trip where I ended up in 5 feet of snow after starting out in dry 70 degree weather.  As i ascended from 200 to 4000 feet I was postholing and cold.  I set up my tarp (no tent) and slept very good in this bag.  Another time doing a section of the PCT near mount Jefferson (Oregon).  I got down to 32 degrees the first night and 23 the second!  I was fine both nights.

The bag takes some getting used to.  It is small.  It is tight around your body so if you move around a lot you may not like it. I have gotten used to it and whatever minor lack of comfort it may give you is more than made up for by the low weigh and the comfort that grants.

Great bag that doesn't blow the bank.

This an amazing sleeping bag. I used a Marmot Trestles…

Design: mummy
Temperature Rating: 800 fill down
Weight: 1 lb. 7 oz.
Price Paid: $175 on ebay

This an amazing sleeping bag. I used a Marmot Trestles 15 degree F. bag for a while and it sucked in every way compared to this bag. The 30 degree Wicked Fast was head and shoulders warmer than the Trestles. It is ten times lighter, packs to the size of a large grapefruit, and performs flawlessly.

I have had this bag in 10 degree weather and I was fine. I was in a tent and I was using a bag liner from REI to add 15 degrees warm to it and I had to take the liner out from over heating. I was hot! As soon as I took out the liner the bag was perfect in 10 degree weather!!

My only concern was I could see a couple of feathers sticking out when I got the bag and I simply plucked them out and now it is fine. I used this bag in 40 degree weather as well and it was warm but I just opened the foot vent and let down the zipper and I was fine as well. This bag is freaking great!

This is a great sleeping bag, and I am surprised there…

Design: mummy
Fill: Heavenly 800 Down
Temperature Rating: 30
Weight: 1 lb 8 oz

This is a great sleeping bag, and I am surprised there aren't more reviews on the internet about it. Here are the positives: It is incredibly light. SD makes the claim that other manufacturers have used less durable fabrics to create light sleeping bags, and having shopped around this seems to be the case. The fabric used by SD is light, but feels plenty durable. It does not stick to my skin, and warms up real quick. The down is heavenly, and seems to be warmer than the rating would suggest.

The hood is a nice feature and does decrease the volume of space that needs to be heated...so it does seem more efficient. It is very compact and comes with a nice stuff bag, though I think it could be compressed much smaller with a compression bag. The foot vent is a nice feature as it does create enough of a draft to slightly cool down if needed. And personally I like the half zip... it doesn't continue to zip down till I finally role out. It is roomier than I expected, and rolling around in the night is done with ease. Finally, the weight is fantastic. There are slightly lighter bags, but I feel like this bag will meet my needs and last a long time.

As for the negatives: The foot vent is both a positive and a negative. The only negativity is that it could have zipped open even more and it seems too delicate to have both feet stick out. So I just stick one out and pull the other leg up...which works quite nicely. SD also claims there is a draft tube, and I don't know what their definition of draft tube is, but there isn't one in the classical sense. That being said, I haven't had a problem with that one bit...especially since I typically use a tent (so no wind) and I am a warm sleeper (I think I could take it down to 20).

Hope this helps someone looking at this bag. I really like it and couldn't find much info when I was researching it. Also, some have stated that it doesn't have insulation on the bottom...this isn't true. I think that was an old model and they have since insulated the bottom of the bag. It is a great ultralight bag!

800 fill goose down insulation is long lasting, extremely lightweight and compressible, and provides a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetics. Insulated top and bottom. Continuous baffle construction keeps down from shifting and increases ability of down to stick to baffle material for no cold spots. 1/2 zipper opening. Jacket hood. Draft tube. Foot box venting. Snag-free zipper tracks prevents stuck zippers by creating a barrier between the lining and the zipper track. Removable pad locks attach bag to sleeping pad to prevent slide off. Left zip only.

- Campmor

CLOSEOUTS . Sierra Designs' 45 F Wicked Light sleeping bag offers 800 fill power goose down and continuous baffle construction to prevent down from shifting and eliminate cold spots. Comfort rated to 45 F Half-zip opening Jacket hood Draft tube Foot box venting Snag-fee zipper tracks Semi-rectangular style Zipper: Left Rated to: 45 F Fits to: 6' Girth (shoulder/hip/foot): 62/57/43 Size: 80x31 Stuff size: 16x6 Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz. Fabric: Polyester shell and lining Insulation: Goose down Fill power: 800 Fill weight: 9 oz. CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

On Sale. Free Shipping. Sierra Designs Men's Wicked Fast Sleeping Bag (Fall 2007) Sierra Designs Men's Wicked Fast Sleeping Bag (Spring 2007)The Jacket Hood on the Wicked Fast Sleeping Bag by Sierra Designs has a space - and weight-efficient design, meaning it cinches more effectively around your head for greater comfort and warmth.Take it down to 30 degrees comfortably in the fully pimped Wicked Fast. Continuous baffle construction houses miraculously light-and-warm 800-fill goose down. Unlike some lightweight sleeping bags, we insulate both the top and bottom of the Wicked Fast, making sure you stay warm, no matter how many ounces you shed from your pack. Our patented Jacket Hood design wastes no heat, cinching comfortably around your head for the most thermally efficient closure possible. A half zipper saves weight without being fussy, and Foot Box Venting keeps your dogs comfy.Specifications:Temperature Rating: 30F/-1CZipper Side: LeftInsulation: 800-Fill Goose DownType: AccessoriesShell Material: 20D PolyesterLiner Material: 20D PolyesterTrail Weight: 1 lb 8 oz (Regular)Trail Weight: 1 lb 10 oz (Long)Fill Weight: 12 oz (Regular)Fill Weight: 14 oz (Long)Stuff Size: 7in. x 17in.Shoulder Girth: 60in. (Regular)Shoulder Girth: 62in. (Long)Hip Girth: 57in. (Regular)Hip Girth: 59in. (Long)Footbox Girth: 39in. (Regular)Footbox Girth: 41in. (Long)Fits Up to: 6' (Regular)Fits Up to: 6'6in. (Long)Features:1/2 ZipperContinuous Baffle ConstructionDraft TubeFoot Box VentingInsulated Top and BottomJacket HoodRemovable Pad LocksSnag Free Zipper Tracks

Outdoor aficionados looking to carry less weight will love this 30° ultralight down bag that maximizes warmth while minimizing weight and bulk. Insulated with 800-fill-power goose down for an unsurpassed warmth-to-weight ratio. Similar to the hood on a parka, innovative Jacket Hood is fitted for increased heat retention and thermal efficiency while reducing weight. Continuous baffle construction allows the goose down to remain fully lofted and keeps it from shifting and migrating, preventing cold spots. Footbox provides an opening at the bottom of bag for ventilation--ideal for warm summer nights after a long day of adventure. Fully insulated draft tube next to zipper removes cold spots. Snag-free zipper tracks create a barrier between draft tube and zipper; half-length zipper design reduces weight. Removable Pad Locks™ keep your sleeping bag and pad together to avoid rolling off onto the cold ground. Stuff sack and lightweight, mesh storage bag included.

Sierra Designs Wicked Fast

The Wicked Fast has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Wicked Fast is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 14, 2008 at Campmor.