Simple Outdoor Solutions Outsak UL

Weight 4.1 ounces
Dimensions 10.5 x 20 inches
Capacity 630+ cubic inches

I had the privilege of being a field tester for the…

Price Paid: Field Tester

I had the privilege of being a field tester for the Outsak UL. It is similar to the Outsak, but lighter. Much lighter. I was skeptical before I received the bag for testing. Honestly, I just wanted the free food bag.

The weight of the steel mesh was a surprise. It was much lighter than anticipated. I put the Outsak UL to the test for about 2 months. Leaving it in my backyard for neighborhood raccoons, possums, squirrels, and a wide assortment of birds to take their shot at the food that was contained in the bag, unprotected. No ziplocks, opsaks, stuff sacks, nothing....just food.

No animals were ever able to remove food from the bag. No animal was ever able to open the bag. No animal ever broke any part of the wire mesh. I now have the final version of the Outsak UL in my hands. It is awesome. It is even bigger than the bag I tested, and lighter.

This is a great product. I've tried other rodent proofing ideas for backpacking trips. This one works.

Like the rating says, Do Not Leave Home Without Your Outsak UL!!!!!

Simple Outdoor Solutions Outsak UL

The Simple Outdoor Solutions Outsak UL is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new food bag, check out the best reviewed current models.