Snow Peak GigaPower WG Lantern

This little unit is perfect if you are running on…

Summary

This little unit is perfect if you are running on white gas (Coleman Fuel). It has the same features as the canister model but it will work in colder temperatures than isobutane. It is a bit pricy, but over the long haul it will pay for itself. If you are just car camping I would recomend the Coleman North Star, which is just as rugged and a lot cheaper.

Pros

• Robust

Cons

• Price
  • Very hard to find, maybe discontinued.

This lantern fits nicely into my backcountry gear. I favor white gas for my MSR stoves (XKG and Whisper) so adding this to the WG system of bottled gas made sense. The fuel works in the cold, is readily available around the world at reasonable prices ($11-16 Gal), and last 10 years on the shelf. What else could you ask for?

Sure propane is convenient if you are car camping. Then I will use my Worthington steel propane tank with a tree to run my Coleman North Star lantern and Camp Chef Mountain Series stove.

If you've owned or used a Snow Peak GigaPower WG Lantern, please share your experience.

Snow Peak GigaPower WG Lantern

The Snow Peak GigaPower WG Lantern is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 3, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new fuel-burning lantern , check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 3.6 lb