Snow Peak GigaPower Windscreen

Bought this after about 6 months of using the stove…

Bought this after about 6 months of using the stove with an extra MSR windscreen that I had, it worked OK. I should have gotten this 6 months ago. It fits in my GSI tea kettle along with the stove.

The only problem I have had is the igniter would not work while the windscreen was on the stove, no spark. Took it into the garage and did a little Dremel work to widen the hole where the igniter comes through. Works like a dream now. Makes a good stove even better and everything fits in my kettle.

There's really no reason why NOT to carry this windscreen…

There's really no reason why NOT to carry this windscreen in your kit. Snow Peak fuel canisters fit perfectly in the windscreen and if your cookset is large enough to carry your fuel canister inside, it's large enough to fit the windscreen. My windscreen fits nicely inside my GSI Pinnacle Dualist.

I've read reviews where people complain that the removable slot for the Piezo ignitor is hard to open and close. I don't feel that I have gorilla hands or anything, but I was able to move the slot just fine.

The windscreen can take a bit of finagling to mount. The stove legs have to be opened just right in order for the windscreen to drop in. Once it's mounted and the stove legs are moved to the fully opened position, the windscreen is quite solid.

This isn't an overly large windscreen, but it's plain to see how it increases the performance of the stove and improves boil time.

This is one of those must have items if you have a…

This is one of those must have items if you have a Snow Peak Giga-Power Stove. I have used my stove with and with out the windscreen and it definitely works better with.

I know it doesn't look like much but don't let its looks deceive you. It does the job very well. Even with a slight wind when you are not using it a lot of flame is blown away from the pot also making a possible dangerous situation. With using the windscreen it keeps a lot of the flame where its supposed to be. Now if you have a strong or high wind nothing is going to work well so this is not a magic cure but it does a awesome job I would definitely buy another one of these or recommend this to a friend.

PRO's:
Light weight
Simple to use
Works very well as intended

CONS's:
None that I have found

If you've owned or used a Snow Peak GigaPower Windscreen, please share your experience.