Snow Peak Titanium Double Wall 450 Cup

For several years I tried to figure how to efficiently…

For several years I tried to figure how to efficiently pack two large, good quality mugs on my motorcycle along with all the camping gear and clothing needed for two people. For most of that time, we tried packing two plastic, insulated, tumbler mugs sans handles but they required too much packing space since they could not be nested inside one another.

Last fall, I discovered this Snow Peak mug and my packing problem was solved. I nest one of my old tumblers inside this mug and the two mugs occupy the space of one tumbler.

I really like this mug because it holds a relative large amount of liquid (15.9 fluid ounces), it keeps hot beverages warm for a relatively long time, it is lightweight, and it is comfortable to use. You can hold it without burning your hands and drink from it without burning lips. I like the wire handles because they fold back against the wall of the cup thus reducing packing space. Other reviewers have noted that the handles are not as comfortable as handles on mugs you use at home but they are not bad.

I use the mug often on my camping trips. For example, I discretely drink a can of beer with my supper after setting up our campsite, a glass of milk before going to bed, a cup of hot chocolate early in the morning, a glass of juice with my breakfast, and other beverages during the day. I also use the mug to measure water for dehydrated foods and to rinse dinnerware after washing it.

The price of this cup is high but it is a very functional piece of gear for motorcycle camping.

Simply the best coffee mug I've ever had or used.

Simply the best coffee mug I've ever had or used. I carry it now on all trips, whether a car-camping weekend with Boy Scouts or a multi-day backpacking trek in wilderness.

Despite its open top, the mug keep beverages hot quite well, and allows easy handling of a mug full of even near-boiling water. (There is a friction-fit-style lid available for the mug, but I don't have one.) It is extremely light, at just more than 4 ounces, and by collapsing the handles against the side and stuffing a small item or two inside it, it packs well. Holds up to 14 ounces of fluid.

Cleaning is a breeze. The rounded inner corner of the rim makes for a very comfortable and efficient drinking surface, with nary a drip. Some may consider it a drawback that one cannot heat liquids in this mug, because of its sealed double-wall construction, but it's more than worth the trade-off, I believe.

This cup has become a prized possession.

Hi All An excellent product as it is light but being…

Price Paid: Forgotton

Hi All

An excellent product as it is light but being double walled means a hot beverage does not burn your hand or go cold. The folding handle works as well as can be expected from any folding system. Has a great feel and comes with a nice protective sack.

Two only real cons.

1. Being double wall it can not be used to directly heat fluids. Ok this should be obvious but ultra light weight mob might be tempted to try, do not!

2. The 300ml cup with handle does not stack into it. Yes the ones without handles will nest but not one with handles. This means no neat way of having a his and hers set. Given how good it hold heat maybe I could have got the version without handles and fixed this problem.

In all a great product especially in cold climates where your soup remain hot and your hands unburnt.

Cheers

This cup is a good cup and serves its purpose well.

This cup is a good cup and serves its purpose well. The only gripe I have against it is that it is not a multi-purpose cup. As the previous reviewer stated you cannot heat liquid in the cup or you are risking your safety and $40. You can pretty much pour heated liquid/food into it and that's about it.

After taking this out on a few different trips I wish I would have purchased a single wall cup which you can heat liquid in. I still like this cup a lot and recommend it to any coffee drinker who likes their coffee to stay hot.

Coffee is mandatory on trips, so this mug is too.

Coffee is mandatory on trips, so this mug is too. I've burned my lips on steel cups and used plenty of plastic. This mug can keep liquid warm even in windy conditions. It is so light and the insulating properties are amazing.

The only weakness that can be found on this mug are the handles; the simple comfort of holding wire handles. That's really picky! Obviously, I have no real issues.

The lip of the mug even angles for easier drinking. I love this thing!

A fine cup that will keep even small amounts of liquid…

A fine cup that will keep even small amounts of liquid warmer that you'd expect. One caveat is that you cannot HEAT liquids in this cup as its internal airspace will create a possibly dangerous rupture.

The handles are not particularly comfortable. I just wrap my paw around the whole thing as if they weren't there. Dandy.

As a household coffee cup it is utterly superb. It's a also a fine example of titanium at its best.

If you've owned or used a Snow Peak Titanium Double Wall 450 Cup, please share your experience.