SOG Aegis

Weight 3.1 oz
Blade Length 3.5 in x .125 in
Overall Length 8.25 in
Edge Half Serrated

Got this knife before I went on a deployment to Afghanistan.

Got this knife before I went on a deployment to Afghanistan. I like that it has a flat grind on it the whole way. The auto-assist blade opening makes it for a quick release of the blade.

If you're looking for a camping knife to hack on and abuse on the campsite or the trail I wouldn't recommend this one. It's extremely light weight and easy to carry. It weighs 3.4ozs. I carry it in my breast pocket on my ACU's and I forget it's even there. I think of this knife as more of a defensive blade not really so much for utility.

Pros:

Great looking knife

Really sharp out of the box

Flat grind, with no serrated edges (hard to sharpen)

Easy to sharpen and holds an edge well

Cons:

thin blade

potential for tip to break

Overall if you're looking for a light weight knife for everyday uses and cutting then I'd recommend this knife. If you're looking for a tough blade...i.e. survival blade...I wouldn't recommend this one.

Visit SOG's Aegis page.

SOG Aegis Folding KnifeThe SOG Aegis Folding Knife is a comfortable and simple-to-use knife, for all types of tasks. The built in safety lock makes the knife more secure and you don't have to worry about any accidents. It is made with a very durable and sturdy AUS 8 steel blade, making the knife harder to break and keep the edges sharp. The Zytel handle ensures that you have a firm grip on the knife, so it does not slip easily out of your hand. This knife is also very light weight and easy to carry. Its blade design makes everything easy to cut. It comes in black TiNi finish, to add a modern and stealthy look to the knife. The SOG Aegis Folding Knife is great for expeditions and survival trips.

- SunnySports

Aegis (ee-jis), which in Greek means shield or protection, is also the code name for the world's premier integrated air defense system and the sea-based element of the United States Ballistic Missile Defense System. Our comprehensive Aegis line of premier folders is fully integrated with top end systems. Start to open the knife, and let Aegis finish the action with a bang, using one of the surest assisted technologies (S.A.T.) out there! Our trademark bayonet reversible clip, built in safety with red/ready to go, checkered DigiGrip handles, and tacky rubber inserts all contribute to make Aegis a platform for today's changing world.

- Ramsey Outdoor

CLOSEOUTS . Meaning shield or protection in Greek, SOG's Aegis Mini folding knife aims to keep you safe with its secure AXIS lock and safety switch, and the tough cryogenic heat-treated blade opens easily thanks to SOG Assisted Technology. Available Colors: SEE PHOTO.

- Sierra Trading Post