SOG Flash I

Weight 1.3 oz
Blade Length 2.5 in x .09 in
Overall Length 5.75 in
Edge Partially Serrated

Quick to open knife. Easy to close with the slide…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Quick to open knife. Easy to close with the slide lock instead of the blade lock type. The belt clip is a definite pro.

Pros

• Quick to open
  • Easy to close
  • Awesome belt clip
  • Holds a edge

Cons

• The spring action lock

I have had this knife for about 3 years now. So far I have not had to sharpen it or throw it across the room. The belt clip is thick and sturdy, I have not had any trouble with it falling out or in to my pocket or getting bent outward. When I open it the spring assist is quick and catches.

The slide lock on the side is a definite improvement over the blade style locks which can cause injury if not careful. The only draw back I have encountered is the spring assist lock. The assist lock tends to get pushed into the locked position sometime, though not often.

The blade is very sturdy and sharp. I have used mine to open and break down boxes, cut 550 cord, 100 mile an hour tape, cut out sections of paper. So far I have yet to resharpen the blade. It holds it's edge very, very well.

I would buy another and I would also give it as a gift to friends and family.

Also this knife traveled with me to Afghanistan and held up there, never failing me.

Visit SOG's Flash I page.

The Flash I Folding KnifeBe fully prepared with this Flash I Folding Knife. This knife has been engineered with Assisted Technology which functions by balancing opposing high-tension coil springs in order to help you open it quickly, without hassle. It comes in a very compact design so that you can easily carry it in your pocket. Extremely lightweight, the knife comes in at just 0.1 lbs. It has a satin finish, straight edge AUS 8 steel blade, that is handy in multiple situations while exploring the great outdoors. The blade is 2.5 in. long, an ideal size for various daily tasks. Its handle is made of glass reinforced Zytel, for exceptional durability, ensuring that it will last. Enhance your experience out in the wilderness, with this Flash I Folding Knife.

- SunnySports

Free Shipping. SOG Flash I Knife FEATURES of the SOG Flash I Knife Wicked quick blade access SOG Assisted Technology (S.A.T.) employs a powerful piston lock that is easily released with a sliding button All Flash knives come standard with SOG's patent pending, reversible bayonet mounted clip that ensures the lowest, most discreet carry possible Additional safety lock gives added security when the blade is closed Glass-reinforced nylon (GRN) handle Aluminum models have a hard-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum handle SPECIFICATIONS of the SOG Flash I Knife Overall Length: 5.75in. / 14.6 cm Blade Length: 2.5 x 0.09in. / 6.4 x 2.3mm Assembled in the USA The SPECS for Satin Finish with Straight Edge Weight: 1.3 oz / 37 g Edge: Straight Steel: AUS 8 HRC: 57-58 Handle: Glass-reinforced nylon Finish: Satin The SPECS for Satin Finish with 1/2 Serrated Edge Weight: 1.3 oz / 37 g Edge: Partially Serrated Steel: AUS 8 HRC: 57-58 Handle: Glass-reinforced nylon Finish: Satin The SPECS for Black with 1/2 Serrated Edge Weight: 1.3 oz / 37 g Edge: Partially Serrated Steel: AUS 8 HRC: 57-58 Handle: Glass-reinforced nylon Finish: Hardcased Black TiNi The SPECS for Satin / Aluminum with 1/2 Serrated Edge Weight: 1.6 oz / 45.4 g Edge: Partially Serrated Steel: AUS 8 HRC: 57-58 Handle: Hard Anodized Aluminum Finish: Satin The SPECS for Black TiNi / Aluminum with 1/2 Serrated Edge Weight: 1.6 oz / 45.4 g Edge: Partially Serrated Steel: AUS 8 HRC: 57-58 Handle: Hard Anodized Aluminum Finish: Hardcased Black TiNi

The SOG Flash I (Straight edge) folding knife comes with glass-reinforced Zytel handle and straight edge, Satin finished blade. All Flash knives come standard with SOG s patent pending, reversible bayonet mounted clip that ensures the lowest, most discreet carry possible. We also had the foresight to incorporate an additional safety lock that gives added security when the blade is closed. Features: Blade Length: 2.5" Overall Length: 5.75" Weight: 1.3 oz.

- Appalachian Outdoors

The fast-action SOG Flash I knife sports easy, 1-handed opening along with a cool look and ergonomic feel. SOG Assisted Technology(TM) employs a powerful piston lock that releases easily with a sliding button. Stainless-steel blade with satin finish is partially serrated for a wide range of uses. Glass-reinforced handle features a textured, grippy surface and a low-profile pocket clip for discreet carry. The SOG Flash I knife incorporates an additional safety lock for added security when the blade is closed. Please note: the SOG Flash I knife is assembled in the United States using a blade made in Taiwan.