SOG Flash I

Quick to open knife. Easy to close with the slide…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Quick to open knife. Easy to close with the slide lock instead of the blade lock type. The belt clip is a definite pro.

Pros

• Quick to open
  • Easy to close
  • Awesome belt clip
  • Holds a edge

Cons

• The spring action lock

I have had this knife for about 3 years now. So far I have not had to sharpen it or throw it across the room. The belt clip is thick and sturdy, I have not had any trouble with it falling out or in to my pocket or getting bent outward. When I open it the spring assist is quick and catches.

The slide lock on the side is a definite improvement over the blade style locks which can cause injury if not careful. The only draw back I have encountered is the spring assist lock. The assist lock tends to get pushed into the locked position sometime, though not often.

The blade is very sturdy and sharp. I have used mine to open and break down boxes, cut 550 cord, 100 mile an hour tape, cut out sections of paper. So far I have yet to resharpen the blade. It holds it's edge very, very well.

I would buy another and I would also give it as a gift to friends and family.

Also this knife traveled with me to Afghanistan and held up there, never failing me.

If you've owned or used a SOG Flash I, please share your experience.