SOG Paratool

Weight 6.2 oz
Closed 4.3 in
Open 6.4 in
Head Type Needle Nose

Pros 1. Size - Perfect for what I need on an average…

Pros

1. Size - Perfect for what I need on an average day, as well as for my backpacking trips.

2. Durability - As expected with SOG, this tool is SOLID.

3. Tools - The paratool has never failed me when I've needed it the most. It has everything I need or use on it.

Cons

1. Ease of use - This isn't the tool you want if you need quick access to a knife to open a box, etc. It is a bit of a process to get a tool out, and fold everything back into place. I've managed to pinch a finger numerous times trying to open/close this tool.

2. Locking mechanism - I have a few extra gashes in my knuckles and fingers from pushing too hard while using the screwdriver. Too much pressure makes it easy for the tool to collapse in. This is very frustrating, but partly a result of me working in awkward situations where it's difficult keeping parallel to the task at hand.

I've been content with these cons, as the size, strength, and functionality of the Paratool are perfect for my lightweight daily use, whether backpacking or at work. I generally don't like having a larger size multi-tool at my side. This one is hardly noticeable. I forget it's even on my belt.