SOG PowerLock 2.0 EOD

Weight 9.6 oz
Closed 4.6 in
Open 7 in
Head Type Needle Nose

Having never owned a serious multi-tool before, I…

Having never owned a serious multi-tool before, I didn't know what to expect. I had dabbled with my brother's various Gerber and Leatherman tools, I knew what I didn't want in a multitool. I bought this tool on a whim because of its excellent sale price and researching the SOG brand was confident I would get a great product.

I didn't have a long time to get acquainted with this tool because I lost it a mere 6 months after owning it. That being said, it performed great while I had it. I used it a few times while fishing and various odds and ends while living in Florida.

It did a great job with everything I threw at it, and being able to take it fully apart for cleaning was a big plus. All of the blades were crazy sharp and I even used the VCut on a whim which although not seemingly useful was also quite sharp.

I am planning on replacing this with an identical multitool as soon as I find it on sale again. It will supplement my SOG folding knife which is excellent.

Visit SOG's PowerLock 2.0 EOD page.

Welcome to the next generation of our best-selling PowerLock! Like the original,the newest generation includes patented gear driven Compound Leverage, one-handed flip opening, a multitude of easy to access tools. New to this generation are several key features: First, a larger plier head with larger cutting surface... cutting with compound leverage just got better! Also notice a stream-lined look, thanks to gear covers for added comfort and safety. Lastly, SOG is introducing its very own locking mechanism, the Piano-Lock; For the first time, you can lock each component individually! Other new features now incorporated into all EOD PowerLocks are the addition of a hard wire cutter and a C-4 Punch (which is also useful as a marlin spike, tool scribe, and glass breaker).

- SunnySports

SOG PowerLock 2.0 EOD

The SOG PowerLock 2.0 EOD is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 21, 2011 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new multi-tool, check out the best reviewed current models.