SOG Revolver - Seal

Weight 6.0 oz
Blade Length 4.75 in x .15 in
Overall Length 10 in
Edge Partially Serrated/ Double Tooth Saw

Great hiking knife. I hiked three months on the Appalachian…

Summary

Great hiking knife.

Pros

• Can handle most any job

Cons

• Sheath doesn't fit well, put piece of leather and magnets in mine

I hiked three months on the Appalachian Trail and this is the knife I took. Used to get firewood, cook, clear trail, stayed sharp and saw cut great. Doesn't have a thick blade.

It's not a heavy duty survival knife. If you use it like a knife should be used you should have no problems.

Welcome to Trailspace, Robert.

Robert, welcome to Trailspace. I hope to hike the AT in a few years.

I would like to preface this review by saying that…

I would like to preface this review by saying that I own the Hunter version of this knife, the only differences being that it is not black, the serration on the blade is not present and it has a gut hook included.

I love this knife! Right out the box it shaved my face without a single nick. The saw also works like a charm and although the handle feels light it is tough! Great addition to any hunting or even camping pack! The saw can function in so many ways, from being a bone saw to collecting firewood.

The knife is big, but still just the right length for wonderful blade control! I would say that for any price, this knife is unbeatable.

SOG Revolver - Seal

The SOG Revolver - Seal is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 27, 2015 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new folding knife, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review