SOG Woodline Large

Really great camping knife. I have had my eye on this…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Really great camping knife.

Pros

• Large yet delicate
  • Finger groove
  • Great quality
  • Nice handle

Cons

• Not serrated

I have had my eye on this knife for a while now, and finally got one at the beginning of last summer. I didn't really get it as a hunting knife, or a survival knife, which to me is not its purpose (hunting, maybe, survival, no).

To me it is the camping kitchen knife. Beautiful and sturdy with a sharp blade and sexy handle. It is almost like a fine member of the sex you are attracted to. It cups up summer sausage, scrambles eggs, opens bacon, flips fish (and guts them) like a champion!

The sheath is a great quality leather also, really nice and soft. The wood on the handle is a synthetic hardwood called "pakka" wood, which I must say is really great. Pakka is a composite wood and shares all the properties of a normal hardwood. The knife itself is made in China (yeah yeah) but that has no impact on its overall quality.

Overall, it is a beautiful addition to any collection and is well balanced and carries great curves.

If you've owned or used a SOG Woodline Large, please share your experience.