Sorel Conquest

I put these boots to the test. I spent 3 nights and…

Materials: leather
Use: hiking/mountaineering/showshoeing,crampon compatible
Break-in Period: instant
Weight: 4lb 6oz

I put these boots to the test. I spent 3 nights and 4 days climbing Mt Whitney in the middle of February in these boots. They surpassed my expectations. I put on a pair of Black Diamond 10 Point Neve crampons on and they worked great with this boot. Camp 12 point will also work. Snow shoes were no problem.

The boots were comfortable the whole trip and I did not get any blisters. Used one pair of Smartwool med. socks. Without gaitors the boots breathed well. When I used OR gaitors I sweated through the boots on the hikes and 15 degree weather never allowed the boots to dry out but my feet were never cold. Crossed streams with snow shoes on and they never leaked. Climbing out of a sleeping bag in the morning to put on frozen boots is no fun but amazingly my feet warmed the boots and the toes were toasty.

Others had mountaineering boots and I did not but these boots rocked the whole trip. It took 3 days for them to dry out when I got home but my feet never knew they were damp from sweat on the mountain. I will use these again on my next trip climbing San Jacinto and Mt Baldy.

If you can't afford $300 mountaineering boots these will get the job done without disappointment. Great boot, well worth every dollar.

If you've owned or used a Sorel Conquest, please share your experience.

Sorel Conquest

The Conquest has been discontinued.

The Sorel Conquest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 25, 2014 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.